1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benelli Tornado Tre parts source

Discussion in 'General' started by YoshiHNS, Mar 2, 2018.

1. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Putting a feeler out here. I ended up acquiring a Benelli Tornado Tre 900 some time ago. It was cheap and local, absolutely couldn't pass it up. I've only seen one in my lifetime ever. But the cheap part was because, from what I can tell, someone ticked off someone else, and that person decided to set the Nellie on fire. Hence getting it for peanuts at auction. I'm pretty sure it's an imported bike by the VIN. Not sure if it was ever officially imported to the US really.

Condition isn't really that bad. Mostly plastics. A bit of the wiring harness is toast. But all the metal bits are in decent shape, and it does sort of crank over. Think there's a short to ground in the harness keeping it from firing over. Even the dash still lit up once I cleaned the grilled cheese off.

I managed to find a few sources for parts, and there seem to be a few online dealers that still have parts for the 1130 which should swap right over, albeit some color differences. A guy in the UK offered to sell me whatever I wanted from a bike he was stripping, then stopped communicating. I have some family from Europe coming over around April, so some of the bigger parts they might be able to bring for me.

I am wondering if there is anyone in the USA who has a connection for parts. Shipping from Italy and the UK is going to be killer with everything I need to order. So, anyone? I'm sort of on the Benelli Forum too, but that's mostly people in the UK, and rarely any parts for sale.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I have no connections in the US but I can help as much as I can in the UK and possibly bring some back as oversized luggage (which doesn’t cost me anything) and ship it once I get home in the US.

3. joec

joec brace yourself

That's super cool. I just remember there was an importer up in NY, maybe long island, when they started coming in. I know people who went to check them out. Seems like some thing ferracci did for a minute. I seem to maybe remember one showing up on an ama grid for a season.

My friend/racer Mike Olmstead had the undisputed "single largest collection of 750 benelli tornados in the Eastern United states" for years. Until some other fool bought them. Lol.

4. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Give Joe DiStefano a call or email. I’d probably do both, since the phone call will probably go to voicemail.

He had/has very strong ties to Benelli. I think he was THE guy to service and setup all bikes entering the US that had problems.

http://distefanoscycle.net

He’s a great mechanic too!

5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

My brother in the UK has one, he might be able to find the parts for you but as you said getting them here might be a bit expensive.

6. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Boccarp has one (I don't know that for certain, but, if I had to make a bet on it, I would say he does).

7. Christian157

Christian157 Well-Known Member

I have a tornado tre 900 as well. I’ll send you the sites I have on my computer at the office on monday. Christian

8. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Thanks for the replies.

Sweet! I'm in Cleveland, so that's a pretty short drive. Hopefully he'll be able to help out with the recall parts at least.

9. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

If you can figure out anything with Benelli in the USA let me know.
    Years ago when they were coming back here they had an address listed near Ligonier, PA it was supposed to be a showroom and import facility.
    It didn’t make sense to me because that is in the middle of no where.
    I drive out to see what it’s about. It was a house with a private collection of motorcycles and a few crates of Bennellis I think one was actually partially assembled.
    There was an American there and probably 8-12 Chinese in white lab coats.
    I felt like I was in a scene from some type of weird ass movie where things go sideways fast.
    I left puzzled.
    Flash forward a couple years later and I ended up with a few Indian motorcycles engines that had been seized by customs like 20 years ago.
    Guess what the address was?
    Yep you guessed it same as the house I visited that was supposed to be Bennili USA.

All very weird stuff.

Good luck. Lol

Ride safe,
    AAron

jksoft and joec like this.
  10. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

So to complete this thread. Here's the info

Maniac Motors is a legit reliable source for parts. Took him a bit to get some parts, but he got what I needed and I have received them today. He even does tuning and has some of his own part designs. He knows his stuff.
    Carbon.SK is a legit source for CF fairings. Still waiting on box 2, but the parts I got in box 1 look awesome.

DO NOT give a penny to Benelli.Parts or City Moto. Guy is a scammer, which is probably why he runs an MV dealership.

11. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

Cool you are getting it going again, a neat bike! Enjoy!!

12. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see it! Maybe we can do a viewing party for the 200 again this year.

13. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Yes....but no..
    Saved up the money I lost on round 1 and bought everything again. The CF upper fairings were the only option I had for replacements, and they were the most expensive parts. So I went full send and bought pretty much a complete CF fairing set. Trying to line up a house to have a permanent place to work on it, and finally get a nice lift instead of working on the ground. But still excited. Getting parts should be the hard part of the ordeal.

[​IMG]

14. doppio

doppio Well-Known Member

Lol, that was Moto Point in Stahlstown, Bob Smith's place. Former Italian motorcycle dealer Point Cycles and long time importer of Italian exotica - Bimota, Moto Corse parts, etc and then Benelli. My friend from MI was good friends/dealer and we'd go out there to visit and ride, always a bunch of cool bikes and parts in the shop.

Reading the tea leaves on the Benelli thing at the time, just didn't see how it would be a big success.

MotoPoint 06 4a.JPG
    MotoPoint 06 3a.JPG
    MotoPoint 06 7a.JPG
    MotoPoint 06 9a.JPG
    MotoPoint 06 8a.JPG

cpettit likes this.
  15. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Isn't that the unconfirmed WSBK Benelli that was up on Iconic a while back?

stk0308 likes this.
  16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

So you used to hang out at Greg's garage off 8 mile in Northville and maybe ride out to Suzy's place on certain weekends?

doppio likes this.
  17. doppio

doppio Well-Known Member

Yeah, looks like it sold. Cool bike.

Sure did, those were the days.