1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben Spies, the Red Baron

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Apr 24, 2005.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The kid is 3-0 in dog fights so far in superbike racing! And he's shooting down some big names: Yates, Hodgson, DuHamel. Pretty freaking impressive. :clap:

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The kid will be the AMA superbike champ some day, that is if he isn't snapped up by a world SBK or MotoGP team first.

3. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Just got done watching both SB races.......Ben rode a couple of great races...:up:

I agree Dave..this kid has a Bright future..:D

On another note...how bout Steve Rapp..was running 6th...till he ran out of track...and he wasn't on a superbike either..:clap:

4. Speedballer

Speedballer Banned

papa, check yo PM's :)

5. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

And he kept the Evil Red Empire off the podium in their own race!!! :beer: :clap: :beer: :clap:

6. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Did you see Mary (HadBen)?

David

7. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Yeah, did you hear his post race interview "They (Honda someone) were running their mouth how they were going to podium..." or something like that!

:beer: :beer: :clap: :clap:

8. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

Ben won my respect when he won the FX championship...he is very talented and very down to earth. He is focused and determined, but isn't a jerk like Mladin who finally seems to be growing up this year! He always takes time out for the fans and although sometimes Mary may look tough and mean and be able to turn on you like a junk yard dog, she is a very nice person as well. Her and my wife really hit it off at Barber last year and she really loves her son it is great to see that in roadracing!:up:

9. fullweed

fullweed gunnin for skillets

Props to Ben, way cool kid and definitley picking up the pace. Did you guys see Robert Jensen out there....he impressed me, hanging with the factory boys at some points. Way to go and two thumbs up for Jensen!!!!!!!!

:beer:

10. G FORCE

G FORCE Well-Known Member

Ben is talented as hell, but had he not had that Suzuki hp, Duhamel would have gotten his ass. Makes me proud to own a GSX-R

11. GixxerGarry

GixxerGarry Well-Known Member

he is a good kid and will figure it out and win at least once this year. I think Yates might be done after this year...Suzuki needs another supersport rider.

12. G FORCE

G FORCE Well-Known Member

I feel ya on the Yates bit....I think Yosh needs to look at a certain M4 candidate......

13. fatallightning

fatallightning ghost of the touge

... a certain affable jovial foriegner?

14. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

Why....do all the bikes not make the same hp with kit parts in them??

What has that to do with a stock motor on the showroom floor??:p

By the by..how is Ben and his "trainer" getting along?

15. bmfgsxr

bmfgsxr Well-Known Member

he rode great.. and i agree. he will be champ one day if he isnt snatched up first.. id like to see him stick around to win the title first before moving on. especially since suzuki needs a decent bike in moto gp first. the kid has serious skills and to waste them on a shitty moto gp bike would be a waste of talent.

16. Liar Liar

Liar Liar what did you say?

try not to be a Mladin hater won't ya.......the aussies are just a breed of a different sort. They speak their minds and I applaud that quality. Ben is a very personable young man with a bright future ahead of him......now if he could just get aerodynamic elbows:D