1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BELL Race Star/Carbon TRACER helmet - XL - Almost NEW

Discussion in 'Race Gear and Accessories For Sale' started by gapman789, Mar 6, 2019.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Bell Race Star/Carbon TRACER helmet XL - Build date 06/16.

Bought this and it was too big. Tried bigger pads which can remedy fitment issues, but no can do.

Worn literally twice for 10 miles.

I included a NEW clear and New Dark smoke face shields, unused carrying case,original box, owners manual, and a set of 35 mm pads if needed. Currently has 40 mm pads in it.

I bought 2 more of these helmets but a size smaller. Great helmets. Love the extra panoramic view/increased peripheral vision. This has the Carbon fiber shell that is clearly visible as well.

$375 shipped

bell tracer xl.JPG

2. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

What size do you usually wear?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. gapman789

I wear a Large in Bell, been using Bell past 8 yrs or so. i came from Shoei which have a very similar fitment to Bell.

I thought the L and XL shared the same shell size and i would be able to make the XL fit by adjusting the pads.

But shell sizes are paired like this: xs/s, m/L, XL/XXL.

4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

So if I've been wearing a Bell Star Carbon (previous gen) helmet with the larger cheekpads, you think this would be OK?

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

If it helps I have the previous gen Bell Star Carbon in Large......I also have this new gen Race Star in Large as well. As mentioned above M/L use the same shell design just different liner and pads, XL is the next step up in shell size.

6. gapman789

If you wear an XL normally with Bell, then this should fit fine.

Ive been wearing previous generation Bells too, and the helmet size has not changed for me.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  7. gapman789

Bingo. I didnt tealize there was an XS so i thought shell size was s/m, l/xl....thats where i screwed up.

8. gapman789