1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Believing in Santa

Discussion in 'General' started by Beer Slut, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Beer Slut

Beer Slut Well-Known Member

How old were you before you stopped believing? I honestly can't remember how old I was. My son's 8 and he still believes. I'm hoping he figures it out by next year, though. Anyone ever tell their kids that Santa's not real?

2. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

My son was 10 when he asked if santa was real. It was rumors at his grade school that did it. I asked him what he thought. He told me mom and dad were santa. So he had an idea. Yes, I told him the truth

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't recall how old I was when I stopped believing. I do remember my younger brother and I figuring it out. I also remember we agreed to not to let my parent know that we knew until my sister (the youngest) figured it out. We knew that as soon as we let them know the jig was up, the gifts would stop coming.:D

One of my daughters "thoughtful" friends told her when she was 9 or 10. My wife an I were pissed. Seeing her eyes light up on Christmas morning was worth many, many times more than whatever the gifts cost.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  4. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I think I was 7 or 8... And I never really asked... I think I probably heard it from other kids, as so many do, and just reasoned it out myself...

5. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

I don't remember when, sometime around 7 or 8. I think it was from the nasty rumors you hear at school that did it for me.

6. frosty115

frosty115 Frosty 115

Santa's not real ...........what do you mean?????

7. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I still believe in Santa Claus.

When my kids ask, I have an easy answer for them. I'll tell them to look at their piles of presents. See the small pile from Mom and Dad, and the big pile from Santa. When they quit believing in Santa, the pile from Santa goes away.

8. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

:stupid:

9. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I guess I was waiting for some sort of authority figure before I'd accept it. One of my 6th grade teachers started a story with "All of you are old enough that you've quit believing in Santa by now I'm sure."

Strangely, nobody raised their hand and said, "No, I'm still not old enough."

10. Mongo Sis

Mongo Sis Clydes Aunt

My daughter let us believe that she still believed for a couple of years after because she thought she would not get as many gifts.

I do have to say the first year they don't believe anymore is so very sad.

11. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I am hoping that if I stick to my story that I still believe then I don't have to buy presents. Afterall Santa is the one that takes care of that so why should I buy anything. :D

12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I hope Santa brings you doughnuts.

13. Strick

Strick Good to be king

That makes 2 of us. ;)

14. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

I caught my dad putting a bicycle under the tree when I was four. He did pretty good making up a story that because Santa's sleigh can only hold so much and still fly that he asks parents to help him....... I never really bought that story and by seven I was a firm non-beleiver.

15. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

I still hold the song and ideas behind the song "have yourself a merry little christmas" as blasphemy...

Santa Claus is real...

16. HOW ABOUT A FRIGGIN SPOILER?

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

ROTFLMAO

18. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

:stupid:

holy SH!T :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

19. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

THAT was beautiful!:crackup:

20. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

My sister, who is pure evil, ruined it for me. I don't remember how old I was but I'm sure she took particular delight in ruining it for me. She also loosened the bolts on my parents brass bed and woke me up when she heard them having sex and made me listen to the clanging. Did I mention she's pure evil?