1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beginners guide to the U.K.

Discussion in 'General' started by GA Buckeye, Oct 11, 2018.

1. rwdfun

rwdfun

You is confused. The morning after you turn back the clocks, it most certainly gets light earlier than the day before, It also gets dark earlier, If sunrise and sunset was 7am and 7pm the day before it will be 6am and 6pm -ish the day after

2. I’m in the UK about every 6 weeks, lots of great suggestions here. I rent a car but that’s because I usually fly into LHR or Man and go to the midlands. You can spend a week just in London. Don’t rent a car

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Sunrise and sunset aren't static. It might well be 6am and 6pm the day after, a couple of weeks later it will be 6:30 and 5:30.

4. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

Every 6 weeks? I bet that gets old real quick, I hate flying these days, just too much hassle, & I have it down to an art form, last person to get on the plane, walk the jet bridge until the stewards hand over the manifest. Make sure I'm right by the exit door. Never take a checked baggage, only carry on. I can't imagine flying to the UK every 6 weeks. Guess it helps rack up the miles for family trips.