1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bedslide or cargoglide?

Discussion in 'General' started by dobr24, Aug 5, 2019.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience with either of these products or a similar competitor? I really think it would be nice to be able to slide out the contents of the bed with a tonneau cover installed to access things but know nothing about them. From the attached review it looks like the cargoglide is more solidly built.
    https://www.thetrailhero.com/cargoglide_vs_bedslide_comparison
    [​IMG]

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Get the one with the most quilt storage

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

The one that holds the most Mason jars is best.

4. ChemGuy

As long as they are wrapped in quilts

5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

So I'm guessing neither of you have any experience with these? :crackup:Or anything better to do.

ducnut, ChemGuy and Sabre699 like this.
  6. BC

BC Well-Known Member

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What was your first clue?

8. ChemGuy

Basically

Although I have seen a bunch of these at work truck trade shows but never paid attention as I don’t need one in my truck.

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I entered a contest to win one recently so if
    I win one I'll let you know how it is.
    Other than that I got nothing.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

[​IMG]

Have a couple of these. They work great until Emily puts it where it'll slide to the front of the truck bed when she's driving :D

Cheap, lightweight, and available at any truck stop.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  11. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

No way my camping stuff would fit w/ one of those in the bed... Why reduce your cargo height?

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

By a Hearse that has been put out of service. The casket slide mechanism is perfect for this. Plus the cover height is better than a truck bed cover would be. Plus the load height is lower.

Phl218, KrooklynSV and Chris like this.
  13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I've seen a few on the jobsites, mostly used by carpenters. They look handy as hell, and I don't remember them complaining about how they worked. Sorry I didn't notice the brand name. One was used with a camper shell, he had his compound miter saw on it.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just be careful of the rollers, they pinch like a mofo.

15. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Was thinking about going with a cap for the new truck. Am I that old? LOL I mean I really don't ever need more room than that anyway.

16. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

@Metalhead swears by Astroglide if that helps any :crackup:

17. r1madman

r1madman Well-Known Member

I have something similar to these in my company truck (unsure of name brand) and admittedly it is great as long as it’s not overloaded and nothing gets underneath or behind it.

dobr24 likes this.
  18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

We are all getting older! The cap is nice because it will accept large items. I saw a few with hundreds of pounds of tools, and they worked fine. Like R1 madman said, have to keep items from falling behind them. One had a lot of plastic bins for nails, screws, and bolts facing upward.

dobr24 likes this.
  19. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

If I had one of those I would definitely put something all the way around as an edge that stuck up like a foot or so to create a barrier to things falling behind it

dobr24 likes this.
  20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Chris - if you get a topper, get one with flip up/open side windows. Makes topper totally practical.

dobr24 likes this.