1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beach Bums: Florida Keys, USVI, or Turks and Caicos

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyperdyne, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I am planning a group vacation for the wives cumulative 40th birthdays next year. Given the collective opinion, everyone wants to be somewhere relatively safe, with truckloads of booze, and far from the earshot of snowflakes and children.

Given the places suggested, can I get the down low on which would provide the best experience. We plan to stay 5 days. Bungalows over the water or a no go and wimmen-folk would like to have some local shopping and good eats.

Thanks!

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Not really many beaches in the keys. If you want to stay beachy and US go to PR.

3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I went to turks and caicos last year and it was pretty dope. Very safe, one of the best beaches i've ever seen and plenty of boozyness. Food was pretty good too for being a tourist spot. Plenty to see if you wanna get out and explore too. We rented a condo here through VRBO...........

https://www.google.com/maps/place/O...38685bcf!8m2!3d21.7981663!4d-72.1747684?hl=en

USVI is good too but it has been a good bit since i've been there. I went to St Croix about 10 years ago and it was nice but kinda desolate. St Thomas and St John are both nice.

Wingnut likes this.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'll second the fact that the group of women you described would be bored shitless in the Keys.

ChemGuy likes this.
  5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

The unofficial moto of the Keys is
    Diving
    Drinking
    Dicking

And maybe fishing

Not really i just made that up.
    But that's all there is to do there.

Wingnut likes this.
  6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That's all I did for 3 years. It was a decent life for a 20 year old. The almost 60 year old me wouldn't last a year at the rate I used to hit it:D

7. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Any Sandals resort. Barbados was really nice.

Trying St. Lucia in a few weeks.

8. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I love St. John, USVI, BVI but wouldn't take a group of women there. Not a lot of foo foo shopping.

My wife and I stayed in a tiny, fucking tiny room above The Beach Bar as soon as you get into St. John. One of the best times we ever had, Just go to Cinnamon Bay or Chocalate hole, I'd snorkle and then get drunk, fuck like newly weds and repeat. That was right before the Hurrican.

9. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Out of:
    Bahamas
    Puerto Rico
    Dominican Republic
    Jamaica
    Grand Cayman

My favorite beach has been 7 mile beach in grand Cayman. It’s expensive, but has beautiful sand and water.

10. cpettit

Negril in Jamaica is pretty dope too if you wanna party and have a good time. I just went to Couples Swept Away last month and it was fun but Rockhouse was even better. Spent a few nights at Tensing Pen as well but Rockhouse was the best. They have a sister resort called Skylark that is on the beach that looks pretty sweet too.

11. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

12. cpettit

13. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

The women aren't foo-foo shoppers, more like knick-knack stuff that they can use as souvenirs. We have had a few more people to chime in and it looks like it's the Caribbean is a must and June to July is the time frame.

14. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

I’ve been to an all-inclusive in Provo Turks and Caicos and Cozumel. Strongly recommend All-inclusive and to add some shopping then go to Cozumel.

15. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

I'd highly recommend the travel insurance during that time frame due to Hurricanes. It saved my wife and I when we had to cancel our honey moon the day before we left which was also our wedding day. Talk about fun, try planning a new honey moon in 24 hours while your wife is getting ready for the wedding.