1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Be careful what you say!

Discussion in 'General' started by Kev59, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Words can hurt! After spending four of our first five days without A/C and two HVAC tech visits in St.Augustine, I decide to visit the property management office. Phone calls stopped being returned so I figured why not. I never yelled BUT I did use mean words. I even made a joke or two but they didn't land. I even offered to ride to Jacksonville and get this part needed. Fast forward to that evening right as I'm leaving our 83 degree condo I'm greeted by two uniform officers coming to question me. The term "aggravated assault" is tied to the remarks I made. Fortunately both officers were exactly the kind of cops this world needs; attentive, intelligent and most importantly, able to process the difference between hurt feelings and a true threat.
    So, just remember, choose your words carefully or some snowflake will have the proper authorities at your door!

Shenanigans, scottn and Phl218 like this.
  2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Welcome to the era of butt-hurt. Sux.

_indy, wsmc42, DrA5 and 5 others like this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Welcome to a world where the anything and everything videotaping by idiots will have to be adopted by non-idiots

SMH

Killswitch likes this.
  4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

There’s so much to say but I digress.
    But I’ll leave this lil’ nugget. Maybe when the officers arrived on scene, they didn’t encounter a perpetrator. That’s as deep as I’ll go in general. I’m glad it all work out for you.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Nope. I use the words I use for the impact they have. I'm not changing that for some special little snowflakes.

wsmc42, sheepofblue, scottn and 2 others like this.
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I don't like this new world we live in where men are made out of soy and vegan meat substitutes and women are all turning into Karens.

Soft soft soft.....too much estrogen in the blood in not good for you.

wsmc42, Gixxerguy855, DrA5 and 3 others like this.
  7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

o_O
    That’s a new perspective :beer:

britx303 likes this.
  8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

New perspective=True perspective :beer:

9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

That is why you record all heated interactions. I learned that lesson a long time ago. People are quick to fuck you if things don’t go their way. And you can’t trust anyone. Any time I’m having a conversation of differing feelings that shit is being recorded. Especially because the cops take one look at me or run my name and assume I’m guilty

10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Nobody asked what was said. Lol.

11. britx303

He already said in the first post..........“mean words”............:D

12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Mean people suck. It hasn't been that long ago that whining about the things people whine about now would have earned you a whoopin for being such a little bish.

14. britx303

Yep. The good ol days. Sure do miss em:D

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Heh.

And people wonder why my dash cam is running any time I have the kids with me...

The Great One likes this.
  16. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I find in heated interactions people say things they didn’t mean to say or said them and then try to take them back as a joke or forget they said them at all. These are the people I love the most because all it takes is one little sentence to get them to really feed on whatever emotion they’re feeling. I usually find that button and push it to see what they’re actually capable of. Most people are all bark.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How can you digress when you haven't said anything? :confused:
    :stupid:
    If you walk in there knowing it's going to be contentious, it's not a bad idea to film the snowflake. :)

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Unless you're out in public make sure you tell the person you are recording them otherwise it may be inadmissible I think :D

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Is it time for yet another lecture.:crackup:

20. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

depends on the state. And that’s only in court. A police officer will watch it and make his judgment to arrest you or not based on that video. Trust me I’ve been there