1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery Box and Catch Can

Discussion in 'Tech' started by FED34FIRE, Mar 2, 2017.

1. FED34FIRE

FED34FIRE Well-Known Member

Building a 94 YZF750 Race Bike. I had to get rid of the rear fender/battery box under seat plastic. I would like to run a lightweight lithium race battery. Does anyone make battery boxes that I could mount in the sub-frame where the oem battery went? I also need a catch can for the crankcase breather. Any info appreciated.

2. doubleapex

doubleapex Well-Known Member

Some Motoholders subframes come with an 8 cell Li battery box which is also sold separately. Check Yoyodyne Ti for availability.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Chaplain45

Chaplain45 Well-Known Member

Would like to see one in carbon fiber myself.

4. Make it, not too hard.

5. FED34FIRE

FED34FIRE Well-Known Member

Thanks. Thinking about making it. I can get the sub frame mount dimensions from the ugly heavy stock under seat section.

I just can't find anything good for a Catch Can?

Doesn't the can also have to have some sort of vent?

6. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Graves used to sell a small one for motard use. Maybe they still have them available?

7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Mcmaster-carr sells all kinds of plastic catch bottles. Mount it with zip ties or make a mount, drill two hole in the cap and bolt in nylon hose barbs. One is for the overflow, attach some tubing to the other and run a long section up somewhere and fit a small K&N style filter at the end. There's your vent.

8. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

9. HRC catch can. I may be able to make you a battery box in a couple weeks when I'm making some other stuff.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Motion Pro has several different size catch cans. I have one for a gas overflow on an endurance tank that works good.