1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barber schedule

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by dsapsis, Sep 10, 2013.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Schedule lists Oct 24-27 for GNF with endurance on the first day. Is this correct? I looked at last year's GNF 4 day schedule, but there was no endurance race then. More practice prior to race rather than less practice (like the morning only) would be beneficial for those of us new to the track.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's the plan. Yes, I realize it would be better for you, it'd be better for everyone, however at this point Endurance is low man on the totem pole. The choice was to either do it Friday at Road Atlanta or Thursday at Barber.

3. dsapsis

We will take Thursday at Barber and not complain. Can I sprint race later in the weekend to get practice for next year? :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Absolutely!

5. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Only if you going to drive van back home :)

6. dsapsis

And you call yourself a teammate? I'm going to hide your smokes...

7. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Best teammate you can have, I am all for you staying 3 more days and having fun.
    Just call me when you get close to Reno. :)

8. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

:crackup:

9. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Any chance we can get a rough outline of the schedule soon? I have a lot of things to line up to pull this off, and I don't know which days I need to be there yet.

10. punkadilly

punkadilly Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same ... so thanks for confirming Thursday Endurance :)

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thursday Endurance, Friday Vintage, Saturday Sportsman, Sunday Nationals - basically.... Look at last year and add Endurance Thursday really.

12. acwhite84

acwhite84 Well-Known Member

When would be practice since endurance is on Thursday now?

13. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Thirty minute practice before lunch on day of endurance race.

14. dsapsis

Et tu, Brutus?

I drove the van back last year, now looks like I have to again. I ain't going anywhere near Reno. Now that I think about it, I'm going to Las Vegas, selling the whole lot, and burning out like a Red Giant!

15. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Last year there were sportsman sprints on Friday, is that happening again, or no (specifically asking about B's, C's, LWT, HWT).

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All Thursday morning...

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Probably - as I said, I expect the same schedule other than adding Endurance to Thursday.

18. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

You know I don't speak French...
    I do like where your head's at though. Drive that thing right off the Hoover Dam!

19. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Sean, to tag onto this GNF thread, do endurance teams need to qualify for the last race by running another event? Used to be that way but couldn't find it in the rulebook now.

Thanks

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator