1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barber Roll Call

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by JBall, Sep 15, 2014.

1. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Well this might be the last Wera endurance race, so lets see about getting a good turnout. Great track and facility, stay an extra day and go to the museum, hang out and race or watch the sprint race finals. Who is going?

Buckeye Racing is in for one more!

2. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Me and some buddies have thrown together a team. We will be the slow guys on the "98 GSXR600

3. ped

ped Banned

yayah

4. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

I'm considering entering the Endurance Race at the GNF with one other Rider however, there is a chance the other Rider may not be able to make it. In the event I end up as the only rider would it be bad form for me to run the Race solo? My approach to the race would be to take a short break at every tank fill-up of approx 5 minutes.

I don't want to get in anyone's way and won't enter the race on the chance I end up Solo if it will create an issue for the Teams there to compete for the race win.

Thoughts?

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

plan on fielding a team.

6. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Not a question of getting in the way, but it's a rule that you can't run the whole race solo. After two hours you need to be off the bike for a half hour. Put the word out and getting another rider is usually not a problem.

7. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I'll ride with you. I've never done endurance, but I'd love to try it. If you're interested let me know and we can talk serious details. :up:

Edit - Or if anyone else needs a rider, I'd love to try it. I can pay my share, I've ridden SV's, 600's, and big Ducati's around Barber. I'd be up for anything.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Metalhead/General Tso/ScottyRock that's a team right there!!!

9. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

We are putting together a team on a '96 CBR. Looks like the MW class is going old school. :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not allowed sorry. You'll have to find someone to help with the riding.

11. kanatuna

Yes! and dont be scared, we're out there just for fun ourselves.

Sounds like a great time already.

12. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Team Peace Beast will make the scene :up:

13. kanatuna

O snap! It'll be good to see you George.

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

What bike? I can guarantee you'll find someone to do at least one stint if you show up.

15. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Same here Brian. Been watching AMASS, rooting for ya. Insufferably proud to be able to boast that I knew you back when :D

16. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Rumour has it some V7 guys are putting a team together for the GNF endurance.........

17. S Tsotsoros

I need to finalize some details over the next couple of weeks so I'm not ready to commit. If you're going to be at Road ATL stop by and introduce yourself and we can talk through some of the details. I should be easy to find as I'll be one of maybe two Buell 1125Rs at the track. #145

I look forward to meeting you.

Hmmm.... Could be interesting getting MH on an 1125R. The Fizzer might get a little jealous so you may have to distract her.

Buell 1125R

Appreciate the feedback and responses. :up:

18. S Tsotsoros

Gotcha.

Thanks

19. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I can't make Road Atlanta, I'll be out of town. I raced you at Barber in May, I was on the Panigale. I raced my 1198 before that, so I have recent experience on big twins, but I've never ridden a Buell.

If you decide to start moving forward with plans let me know and we can email directly or call and discuss details. :up:

20. S Tsotsoros

I've not ridden a Duc but I'm sure the Buell will feel different. Would be interesting to get your thoughts if this thing comes together.

I'll reach out to you in a week or two.