1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barber Crash Turn One 600 SOLO

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by motorcycleman, Jun 30, 2003.

1. motorcycleman

motorcycleman Well-Known Member

It is very bad luck i got tangled in the mix of two bikes coming together in the middle of the track. I took the outside line hoping to be safe, but a bike struck another bike causing the bike to take me out on the outside. I just wanted to let everyone know i had a sore shoulder, two broke ribs, and a sore head from hitting the ground. After spending the night in the hospital for my injuries i came back to watch some racing on Sunday. I want to congradulate Jeff Agnes on his wins and i appreciate all the guys stopping by my pit to see how i was doing. Accidents happen and it really means alot for all the guys to ask how i was doing. It sure was fun up until the time i crashed..............i will see all you guys as soon as i get better .......... good luck and i hope everyone stays safe............JOHN PELPHREY 185

2. slowohioboy

slowohioboy Well-Known Member

Hey John, I heard about your crash. That sucks, I guess we all take that risk though. I hope your ribs heal up well, as for your head, anything that looks like that should hurt:D . Sorry, No more jokes, I know laughter hurts broken ribs. I guess this means no Mid-O. You should come up anyway, we'll party pretty hard thursday night, I have a good feeling about the races there, and Friday is AMA Pro-practice. Sounds like Jeff was on rails, I guess he came from 3rd row wave 2, to get 2nd in his solo:eek: . Then he backed it up with a couple wins. I think he's triing to make me nervous for Mid-O:D . Anyhow, I hope you heal quickly, and get back, to the racetrack.:beer:

3. edlaw13

edlaw13 Bells Honda Racing

slowohio
    i guess i will be the only representative of platinum racing at mid-ohio. i will hook up with you and try to run some laps. have you been there before? Brad has to work that week and you know Johns condition.
    mid -ohio looks like a very hard track to learn with all those concrete patches. see ya there

jim lawson
    platinum racing #131

4. motorcycleman

getting more pain medicine

I am glad to hear from you Ohio boy but i am going to try to make Putnam if i am not too sore ...........my shoulder is sore too. Jim will represent us well and if i can i will come up to party at the ama races..............later man john

5. rc51pete

rc51pete Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear that you are ok. I'm the guy that crashed with you.
    Sorry that we got tangled up. The guy on my inside drifted a little and took my front end out.
    I ended up with a cracked wrist. Hope you get better.

6. motorcycleman

thanks for the message RC

I just chalked this one up as racing at it's best and i understand accidents happen. I just would rather be watching them instead of being in them. I should be ready to race next month at Putnam Park in the North Central. I wish you well with your recovery...............i think you said your wrist is hurt, and to wish you well.................Pelphrey 185

7. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

ITS ALIVE!

Hey John thanks for the kudos up above bro! Glad to hear you're not too banged up to post on the BBS :D

Hows the healing coming along? Don't think you're gonna make the Mid-O round? You better come up anyway and brighten up the pits with your electric personality! Bring some of the Platinum girls with ya too! :beer:

Hope all is well.
    Jeffro

8. motorcycleman

Mr Electric slides upside down in turn one.........lol

I have been doing pretty well healing the broken ribs. I have been a wee bit sore to touch and i am going to try to make the Mid Ohio journey to cheer you on. I also look forward to seeing Bill too, cause i think he is going also. I appreciate the all the kindness and help getting me around the track faster, i just wish i was racing with ya. Racing with guys like you are what really makes it fun, and i hope you win up there................give'em hell Jeffro................and i will have my year in the sun hopefully next year...........when you are an EXPERT.........lol............

Jenny Craig called me and we may do a sponsor ship next year............lol..............you lucky dog ...........getting to race mid ohio
    :beer: :beer:

9. criminalspeed

criminalspeed Well-Known Member

Heal fast, race soon.