1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banshee or CR500

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Gimmie Mo, May 19, 2017.

1. Gimmie Mo

Gimmie Mo I screw things up daily..

Asking out of ignorance...if you had an RS 250 and wanted to do a conversion, which would be the better way to go? From my Understanding.. some folks, I think are making for the banshee conversion..

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Banshee conversion, assuming you are talking about the Aprilia RS250. There are shops that make all of the parts you need, you just need to get a chassis and an engine.

As an example:
    http://www.fastfromthepast.com/hybrid-frame-engine-kits/aprilia-rs250-yamaha-rz350

The CR500 isn't a good road race conversion from everything that I have read, but the Banshee is based off of a road bike engine, so it is set up for road applications.

Gimmie Mo likes this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

banshee all the way.

Gimmie Mo likes this.
  4. Gimmie Mo

Thanx for that...am I mistaken to think people have tried the CR500? Seen the SVX conversions and some others tried..

5. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

If you did a quick search of this forum you would find five other threads with CR500 in the title. The info is out there...

Gimmie Mo likes this.
  6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

RZ350 bottom end (better road race gear ratios. Hinson clutch, PVL ignition, Mikuni flat slides in either 36 or 38mm, V-Force carbon reeds, Cheetah Cub Banshee aftermarket cylinders, Pro-Design Cool Head. There ya go. Fast, reliable, cheap parts, easy to build.

Gimmie Mo likes this.
  7. Gimmie Mo

Thanx..fellas...

8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

You buy all the part and ship them to me and I'll build the engine up for a very modest price. I'll also tell you the specs of the parts to buy so there is no guess work on your side.

Gimmie Mo and Stumpy like this.
  9. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

ID TAKE JOES OFFER!

Phl218 likes this.
  10. Racingxtc7

Racingxtc7 Well-Known Member

The Banshee is a way better motor and there are people building them to 200hp (1200cc). However, single cylinder motorcycles are legal for a lot more racing classes. The CR500 isn't the best motor though. There are big 2 stroke singles out there with counter balancers and 6 speed transmissions.

11. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

what has 6 speeds with a counter balancer that's not a 250?