1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Band of Brothers

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

For the ones of you all that are sitting around today, History Channel is showing all the episodes of Band of Brothers. Started at 8 AM today but there's still a lot of this awesome series still to catch. :)

Triple X likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You should have sprung for HBO years ago. :D

3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Watching some of it now. Of course I've watched it a few times previously, but damn this is one of the best series ever made. To boot, it's mostly all true from the people that were there. I wonder if we'll ever have a generation like that again. "I'm offended" is today's common mantra.

t11ravis likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I did (don't tell anyone) but will watch this series any time I can. :)

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You think that facts were gonna stop me from making a "cheap Dave" joke? :D

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It ain't a joke, I am cheap. :crackup:

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, there's no question about that. I'm just saying there's no reason not to add to the legend. :D

8. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Yeah but he ain't wash and save takeout containers cheap like I am

9. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I really liked The Liberator, a new mini-series on Netflix. It's based on real WWII events and characters. Nifty little show.

Triple X likes this.
  10. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I got the DVD tin box set some years ago. Got the tin box set of the Pacific also. Both outstanding.

11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

There's at least 4 books that I've read from the guys in E co. All excellent. It was cool when Winters said that Sobel was indeed that much of an asshole. He also said it was b.s. in the movie when they showed him having flashbacks about shooting tge kid. He said that every one got what they had to have and he didn't regret a single one.

Favorite line, Speirs to Blithe:
    "You think that you're going to live through this. The sooner you realize that you are going to die here, the sooner you will be able to function and do your job."

ducnut likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have seen few characters as creepy as the guy played by the Freddie Mercury actor on The Pacific. He straight up scared me. :D

Triple X likes this.
  13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I'm not a movie-buying guy by any means but I bought that series way back when and watch it every few years. It's one of the most impactful shows I've ever seen. The fact that it's true and you get to see the real guys speaking about those events (that they endured as damn near children!) puts a lump in my throat every time. :flag:

14. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Not a fan of watching edited versions. Great series though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

15. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Rami Malek. Got a lot of character range, like Depp. I know Eugene Sledge was a real Marine and a his character was based on the book he wrote “With the Old Breed”. Good read if you are interested in true war stories

HPPT and Triple X like this.
  16. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Dad was 22 when this picture was taken...
    Hard to believe how tuff they were and all they went through as young adults.

https://www.ww2-airborne.us/units/504/504images/troopers/hq3/misc/81mortarpltn_3hq_bagnoli_apr44.jpg

17. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Like the BoB series. The story line runs deep in many families. Here's my Dad and Grand Father. DonaldGutshall_War2_(TopRight).jpg Roy_Gutshall(Left)_Feb_8_1919_AllevardFrance.jpg

18. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

“Hell on Wheels” is another series worth watching. Though, it’s not of the same topic as this thread.

t11ravis likes this.
  19. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

Best series ever.
    I love shows about my Airborne predecessors.
    Heros all.

20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Sure would be great to hear some stories, that I know you have. :Poke::flag:

ducnut likes this.