1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bald(ing) guys: clippers or razor?

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Apr 15, 2018.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

You should. Then you wouldn't have to think about your next move, you just open the towel and : voilà ! :D

2. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

That looks really nice. If my Wahl clippers ever give up the ghost, I’ll have a look at those. I think I paid about $40 or so for my Wahl model.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Definitely worth a look. Most of the time one, maybe two passes depending on hair length and I'm good. It's what most of the good barbers use, so I said if I'm going to cut my own hair, then might as well splurge a little and get something good. 4 years and no issues

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Long story.

5. britx303

[​IMG]Is this you?

6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Insert milli vanilli gif here

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Dreads? Pics or I'm calling BS

8. britx303

See post #45........:D

Shenanigans likes this.
  9. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Oh it’s noticeable. I look back at pictures when I did it before taking the plunge...it was obvious I was fighting what was going to happen one way or another.

DirtTrackin221 likes this.
  10. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

So I tried going with the razor (Harry's 4 blade & Harry's shave cream) for a few weeks. Man, what a PITA! It was kind of nice having the nice slick skull for a very short time, but once the hair started growing, even a tiny bit, the stubble made t-shirts stick to my head and not slide over when getting dressed. I'm going back to using my trusty Wahl corded clippers set to a zero gap. It cuts the hair short enough to almost be shaved, but "long" enough to have some "flex" when shirts are sliding over my head. My clippers have got to be close to 20 years old, with the blades being replaced a few times, and they're doing great.

11. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I razor mine ever 2-3 days. I use sensitive skin Edge shaving gel, Schick extreme 3 sensitive razors, and Lectric shave as pre/post shave. I'm 36 and been shaving since I was 26. As soon as it thinned, I started shaving. I didnt want to be the guy holding on too long. No issues with razor burn or ingrown hairs here.

12. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Was this a three year experiment?

sharkattack likes this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Clay bar and then ceramic polish.

14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Been shaving my noggin' since 1998. I keep it to once a week for the most part. Yeah...it's a little like velcro on Tuesday and Wednesday...but not a big deal.

I wasn't going bald...I looked at my Dad and figured I was going to end up there, and decided to just accept it. I was wearing my hair VERY short because I was in the Air Force at the time...so it was just quicker and easier to shave my head in the shower than to try to do the military "High and Tight" style with a clippers.

I'm 51 now, and still have a pretty good head of hair (more than my Dad had at 51). I've saved a shit ton of money doing it this way versus going to a barber for haircuts.

15. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

This is all you'll ever need.
    https://skullshaver.com/collections/mens-shavers

Takes a couple minutes to shave once a week. Easy to hold and handle. Blades run smooth and second closest shave to a blade razor that I've experienced. Charge lasts for months.

16. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I thought this thread was going to be a debate between guys whose heads look like basketballs about teams who play Basketball.

17. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My son swears by the Skull Shaver. I don't need one yet:D

sharkattack and RS250Ape like this.