1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bald guys - Head shavers: whatchya got?

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, May 22, 2021.

1. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I’m currently using my Wahl clippers with no guard and the adjustment set to zero gap. It works ok, but I’m wondering if there’s a decent electric razor made for heads. I’ve seen some, but the reviews are mixed.
    I’m not after a ultra smooth head, like from a blade;I just want something that’s easy to run over my scalp every other day or so and keep the hairs at stubble or less.
    I know we have bald guys here, so what do you use/recommend?

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Trim with the Wahl, finish with a Norelco in the shower.

3. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Trim set to zero.
    Double bladed Bic in the shower.

5. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

Norelco electric shaver. I was a long time razor guy, but the electric shaver has been a revelation. Much closer shave than a clipper without the worry nicking myself like I do with a razor.

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

[​IMG]
    Seems simple?

dtalbott likes this.
  7. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

12 dollar buzzer from amazon no guard. Fusor 5 blade in the shower. I use soap instead of shaving cream. Its slipperyer and makes it easy to proof read with your hand.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

This but with body wash so it doesn’t dry your skin out.

Slicker is better, less drag that way.

9. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

In shower: cheap 10pack of razors with whatever soap/conditioner/GoJo I can find in my morning stooper.
    Let the humidity of the shower do it's thing before applying blade to head.

On the electric front, I have a couple of those hand-held 4-head wireless units but they tend to take much longer.

10. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Mach3 razor Edge Gel gray cap. Prep with Nutragena mens face wash. Ive got barber clippers in the event i go too long between shaves but ive never used an electric on my dome. the few times ive used one on my face ive gotten terrible razor burn.

Shenanigans likes this.
  11. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20210523-072356_Chrome.jpg

sharkattack and pjzocc like this.
  12. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

I started shaving my head during the start of the pandemic....as all the barber shops were closed and I needed a haircut. My neighbor, and a friend of mine has had a shaved head for as long as I have known him, so I asked him what he used to get the old noggin as slick as possible. His answer, without hesitation was "Gillette Skinguard" razor and blades. I bought one and have been using it ever since and in over a year, never cut myself with it. It cuts so close to the scalp that you literally cannot feel any stubble and you head is as slick as a bowling ball. Great product and I highly endorse it if you want to go the totally slick head route.

13. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Thx for l the input guys. I appreciate it. Maybe I’ll try an inexpensive electric from Amazon. I’ll also give the Gillette skinguard razors a go.

xrated likes this.
  14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

The variety pack...

[​IMG]

15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

This but conditioner instead of soap or body wash

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Whatever the Gillette 5 blade razor is that they sell at Costco and wherever the gel shaving cream is at Costco. Blade usually lasts about 2+ weeks. In the shower every other day for the last 20 years.

17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I shave my head with a Mach 3 every Monday morning before work. I got an old school badger brush and soap on a cup for lather now days.
    My hair grows fast, so I'm kinda stubbly/fuzzy on the dome today since it's Sunday, but I'd rather have that than any razor burn or ingrown hairs on my
    knoggin. Give the skin time to rest before the next go round and all that.

My onion's been shaved since 1998. I was in the USAF and did my own "High and Tight" style buzz cut with a clippers back then once a week. I screwed it up one night and
    ended up with a Mohawk trying to even it out...so I had to wipe it out and start over....realized I liked it and never went back.

18. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Here ya go:

[​IMG]

Boman Forklift likes this.
  20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Why? You'll never appreciate a good electric razor if you base your results on a POS.
    Then again, your appreciation would be heightened if you ever buy a quality electric razor after trying the POS. ;)
    I'm on my second Norelco in over twenty years. I'm getting a deal that disposables can't match.

sharkattack likes this.