1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad crash at Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by diehardhonda, Oct 21, 2000.

1. diehardhonda

diehardhonda New Member

my buddy was in a crash at Road Atlanta a few weekends ago. His name is Chris Ellis, he got run over by another rider. If anyone has any info on the crash please respond here or to my email@:[email protected]

2. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

hey did this crash happen in turn ten and his number is 200. if so I was sitting on the grass it happened right in front of me.
    let me know and I will tell you what happened.
    ricky

3. GaTarheel

GaTarheel Well-Known Member

I was sitting on the grass in T10 on Saturday also. I hope that guy is ok.
    CC

4. diehardhonda

diehardhonda New Member

yes that was him..#200. I hear his head got run over by another bike...can anyone give details...I have been trying to get ahold of him...but he may still be in the hospital.
    Thanks.

5. cb500

he was tring to pass chuck and got in turn 10 to hot and lost the rear when the rear caught it kind of though him. Chuck was the one that went around him I talked to him after the race and he said he thought he was going to hit him. but didn't, then Alan #192 t-boned
    his bike and went flying. no body else hit him or his bike he did hit pretty hard. if you find out anything about him let us know.
    later Ricky

6. bruce alan

bruce alan New Member

i saw the crash from the hill before the bridge.your friend was still in motion from the crash in a long- sitting position with his back to race traffic when he was struck in the neck(c7 area) by the right fork leg of another bike.he was not run over by the bike.this rider did not crash or hit your friend's bike.he did run off the track just at the bridge and stop and look back.your friend's bike,which was lying on the inside line of the turn was then struck by the another racer,who went down.your friend has been in my prayers sense.please post his condition.

7. GaTarheel

I was sitting on the hill before the bridge also. I saw the same thing that Alan saw. Your friend looked ok until that bike hit him. He seemed to be in terrible pain when the EMT's were working on him. Please post his condition.

Chad

8. diehardhonda

diehardhonda New Member

Thanks for all the concern, you guys. I will pass that on to Chris..he'll really appreciate it. Aside from being banged up and a little bit of short term memory loss...he is fine...the docs said it would be about a month before he is 100%. He is going to keep racing because he lives by the motto:"That which doesn't kill you...makes you faster!" And he was pretty fast before, so watch out for him next year..

9. GaTarheel

What were the extent of his injuries?

10. cb500

thats good news thanks
    later Ricky

11. medley

medley New Member

My husband (Chris and Josh's mechanic) and I were with them that weekend. Chris's head was hit in the back by the front wheel of another bike. Chris spent about four days in the hospital at Gainesville, Ga before going home. Chris will be out of work for about 5 weeks. He is still very sore. He had severe head trauma. When his bike was at the tech inspection,after the crash, someone stole the computer off of his bike. If anyone knows anything about this please let me know.

12. jericson996

jericson996 Well-Known Member

What a disgrace, stealing stuff off of a crashed racer's bike.

Glad to hear he is onthe mend.

It seems like a lot stuff disappears at Road A. Is this the case or are other tracks just not publized as much?

13. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

Seems like the problem is when there is a large spectator turnout. Not sure if it is spectators who do it (what would a non-racer do with a lap computer) or racers who think they are hidden by the masses of people. At times I think it is better to have just people I know at the races and pay a little more in entries than have to watch my stuff 24/7 and save what $5-10 in entries. The double edged sword. I have heard supercross has so many spectators they don't charge entry but would I want to turn around and spend as much or more to have someone watch my gear all weekend long, or have to lock everything up. I prefer the family atmosphere it is now.