1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Ass Motorcycle: 2010 KTM 990R

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by 83BSA, Sep 15, 2018.

1. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

That is my wife's terminology for the 2010 KTM 990R after it carried us, two-up, over some challenging (fun) of-road sections in both the Blue Ridge and Colorado, as well as being able to tool down the road two-up with luggage in triple digits.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I bought the bike in Philadelphia, PA Easter weekend 2011. It had 1,700 miles on it. Rode it down the BRP, commenced to fettling and outfitting it the way I wanted. July 2011 I rode the TAT from OKC to Port Orford, WA on it in 10 days. Changed tires and slabbed it back to OKC in 3 days. Multiple Blue Ridge and Colorado trips on it, COBDR, and most recently, the 2018 Alcan 5000: 9 days from Seattle to the Arctic Circle and 4 days back - about 6,500 miles. Since I've owned it, all it has ever required is regular maintenance, care and attention. Oil & filter changed every 2-3,000 miles; fuel filter changed @ 22,000 miles; sprockets and chain @ 22,000 miles; spark plugs @ 22,000 miles; air filter changed every 8-10,000 miles; new battery Aug. 15, 2018; new front brake pads Aug. 30, 2018; new front fork seals and oil Aug. 30, 2018; tires as needed; brake pads as needed. I just cleaned and serviced it following the Alcan and it is ready to go again.

28,055 miles.
    [​IMG]

Added items:
    Renazco Racing two tone vinyl seat
    [​IMG]
    Power Commander V with dual Auto Tune for on-the-go real time fuel adjustment
    2-1 Remus exhaust
    1-1/2" Roxx risers
    [​IMG]
    CJ Designs footpeg extenders
    [​IMG]
    CJ Designs oil drain line
    CJ Designs adjustable side stand + relocator + bypass switch
    [​IMG]
    Supermoto rearview mirrors
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fork bleeders
    Shock Soxx
    Enduro Engineering front axle pull
    [​IMG]
    Oury grips
    Wired front calipers
    Black Dog skid plate
    SW Motech crash bars + wired studs + SAE connector direct wired to battery
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I checked the valves at 22,000 before leaving for the Alcan and all was in spec. I have a new 150/70-18 MEFO Super Explorer which I planned to install before leaving Fairbanks for the return trip to Seattle. However, the MEFO Super Explorer on it wore so well, I left it on for the return trip. That is the 6,500+ mile rear tire shown in the photos. I changed the front tire - TKC80 - in Fairbanks. The front tire on the bike is 1/2 used, i.e., 2,500 pavement miles.

The bike has been a joy to own and ride. Why sell? I have a Ducati Multi 1200 Enduro for two up and a KTM 950SE for me alone. I need to move the bad ass moto along to someone who will use and enjoy it as it should be used.

I also have a set of 43L Jesse panniers + racks + Black Dog rear plate for sale on both CraigsList ATL & ADVRider.com as well as a tall windscreen (+5"), both of which I have used on this bike, but I am selling separately. I can make it all a package deal if someone is so inclined.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

$7,000 for the bike in Talking Rock, GA.

Cheers,

Dave

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Nice!