1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back to health insurance...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Mongo, Nov 8, 2017.

1. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Not true! I'm going to sit on my ass and let you pay for my healthcare.

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Why not. At least you can say that you have been productive in the past unlike alot of the bums and losers that benefit from this.:D

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

affordable insurance, if anything the intrusion into managing the system by the government has increased the cost of the actual care.

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Yep. If you look at any data that breaks down costs the actual health care has had modest increases as one would expect. The majority of the cost increases have come the administration side caused by government "fixing" a perceived problem and driving up the admin costs. Collusion between health care organizations and insurance companies as well as excessive law suits have not helped either. And it all has been pushed through by politicians that have been bought and paid for by drug companies and insurance companies. So now I pay more, get less and the useful idiots get more free stuff so that they keep voting the "right" way...

badmoon692008 and dtalbott like this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

How do we have any idea what the true cost of the care is? Too much goes to insurance, health and liability.

6. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Why all the whining, they're supposed to make a profit, that's what I was told in the other thread. :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, me personally.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think our last affordable plan was BCBS - PPO maybe? But it was still just for me, no group rate or the like.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm seriously looking into getting fired.

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Well for one thing when you visit the GP next time look around for how many people just do paperwork. Catastrophic insurance is a good idea but stuff like office visits should never be covered. Then fixing the emergency room mandate would help also.

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

With your personality it shouldn't take much...:Poke::D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've tried that tack, no luck so far. Health insurance being more than I clear in a week however may just do it.

crashman likes this.
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

ADA covers personality disorders. :Poke:

crashman likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I haven't paid attention to the healthcare stuff in years. How does getting fired make your health insurance cheaper?

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Health care subsidies for low income earners.

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

medicade! :D

17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

The crazy part is the subsidies and my premiums go into the Insurance co’s pocket. The only benefit I get out of the deal is two generic drugs for $5.00 per month. That and I don’t have to pay a penality for not having insurance.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It'd be paid for in large part or totally by tax money...

Problem is I can't get myself to go that route.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Medicaid I could accept since I've been paying into that.

20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

The net effect of Affordable Care is that the American middle class has effectively been priced out of the health insurance market. Those who tend to vote for a living now receive coverage at the expense of the very people who can no longer afford to insure their own families. If you fail to provide proof of coverage, you are faced with a financial penalty. Oddly enough, it was not possible to cover the previously uninsured without someone having to pay for it. Who could have guessed?

cav115 and badmoon692008 like this.