1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Axle sliders

Discussion in 'Tech' started by swampape, May 16, 2017.

1. swampape

swampape Well-Known Member

Will front axle sliders pass tech? If yes what is the best way to safety wire them up?

Using these on my Rc390 (not an image of my bike that's just from their site)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

They should be no problem, provided the axle is actually wired. In the picture, the pinch bolts need to be done, and a wire needs to be run to the axle, which I imagine could be done first with the sliders then being put into place.

3. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

4. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Seeing how I just destroyed an axle in my last crash, how do you go about wiring the axle when it is under the slider? On mine, the slider acts like a cap over the axle nut, the wire prevents it from sitting flush as intended.

I took the sliders off the bike in order to wire the axle and then proceeded to grind the end off of it during the first lowside. :rolleyes:

5. swampape

6. swampape

Here's a picture of my actual setup (sorry I was on my phone when I posted):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The problem is that on the axle nut side the bolt is under the slider. Not sure how you'd go about safety wiring that o_O. Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

Getting the impression that these are more for track day people than track racing people :(

7. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for your Mother.............. LOLOL

No biggie I learned the hard way..........snapped off sliders suck

8. swampape

Pretty much the same issue I'm having

9. swampape

:whoosh:ok?

10. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Old movie quote Sorry.........LOL

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what is it going to protect? Seems rather large to take a lateral hit and stay mounted.

12. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

A little hard to tell without seeing the axle end and exactly how the sliders go on. I would try taking the wire from the nut to the pinch bolts, and carving a small groove in the back of the slider with a dremel as a channel for the wire. Push the twisted wire up against the side of the nut and the groove shouldn't need to be too deep.

13. swampape

14. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

The biggest issue with the TREX sliders is the dumb ass that designed them put a aluminum cap on them. Why would put a piece of metal on a delrin slider. The part with the logo is metal. I bought some for my Grom and was like what the hell. Woodkraft are much better.