1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awning repair Rv/trailer

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Ducti89, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

So the long and the short of this is I have an awning on the side if my mini trailer. It appears to be the same setup as say a Funmover or older rv; unsecure both sides and pull it out.

Well, some of the awning has seperated from the trailer. The fabric isnt torn, its just pulled away from the track.

Is there a trick to getting it back into place or am i going to have to remove the awning and slide the whole thing back into the track?

Thanks in advance!

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Dean at Integrity RV but it's kind of a drive for you. Douglasville Ga

3. Ducti89

I can possibly loop there before an RRr test n tune day if needed.

4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I'm going to say slide it out and then back. Trying to wedge it back in will just open the channel up more.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the retaining track should be aluminum. You can purchase it by the foot.
    I would take some duck bill or non marring pliers and squeeze the track closed and slide the fabric back in.
    Also the end of the awning should have a loop in it where you can insert a small dowel to make it "wider" so it doesnt pull
    back out. Its a 2 or 3 person job unless you can detach the fabric from the roller.

6. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

I’ll help you take it down and get the key way out —put the fabric back in and slide the key way back thru. It’s easy...silicone . We may be able to with out taking it down.

Or take it here pay to have it repaired the right way
    https://www.stoltzfus-rec.com/rv-service-parts/

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  7. Ducti89

Thanks everyone.

Hey Damian, I had them install the new fabric initially. Its simple enough. I think i just need an extra set of hands.

damiankelly likes this.