1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awesome Video- About STREET riding awareness....

Discussion in 'General' started by K51000, Feb 29, 2020.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Again, I realize this IS a racing members forum. But THIS forum is so awesome- it's the Zen of motorcycle forums.
    This post, and the video I linked, is about riding on the STREET.
    I know many of you also ride on the street too.
    If you never ride street- please have my blessing, and don't read any further or watch the video.

I may be a squid too, (I'm not actually, but I play one on TV), but I get a kick out of listening to, reading posts by, or often seeing things squids do while riding.

IMHO 99.9999999% of street riding accidents are basically the riders fault.

I read, hear things like: It wasn't my fault...., there was gravel;... it was a blind corner;.... they turned right in front of me;..... they T'boned me:....

I'm not perfect, but always trying to be. In pretty much all of these situations the rider could have put themselves in a better situation to have maybe avoided that accident, etc.

I'm not talking about anyone in particular here- not pointing fingers.

Let's briefly discuss my major 'off bike excursion' in May of '17. I was not on this site then. On another popular site, one of the regulars read my first post about the crash, and said something like: gravel? like was it gravel on the corner?

Even though I was still majorly suffering from my concussion and loss of consciousness, broken ribs, vertebra, and scapula- even then, I remember I posted something like: Oh lets be clear, this was 100% MY Fault!, etc. etc.

Here's the video:

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Does it address tractors?

K51000, Tifosi, beac83 and 3 others like this.
  4. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I think he did say something about, don't go on a max straight run, when a tractor over in a field might decide to come up on the road? Not sure...I'll have to watch it again.