1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto / trailer insurance question (USAA)

Discussion in 'General' started by Huey130, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

My letter splains my questions:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

If you have full coverage on the tow vehicle, the trailer should assume the same coverages. That's what my Erie Insurance adjuster says Erie does. BUT, I've heard that some companies only cover the trailer for liability even if the tow vehicle is fully covered. It's not much, but it's all I know on the subject. HTH

Merle

3. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

foremost :up:

4. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

depends on the insurance company.. i know that at progressive, if it is attached to the iv (insured vehicle), then is it covered, but the things inside it are not as they are not permenatly attached.. every insurance company is different... what were the facts of loss on the claim? That might have more to do with it, but it seems as though it should be covered... call up the handling adjustors team lead or manager and talk to them about it..

also, what kind of coverage do you have, and what happened to it?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Every wreck I've heard about the homeowners covered contents (other than those with a VIN) and auto covered the trailer itself.

6. alan

alan Well-Known Member

USAA told us we needed a separate policy when the trailer I was pulling was destroyed. The car insurance only covers damage done by the trailer to other vehicles. Which seems like liability only.
    State Farm home owners should cover up to $1000 on the trailer.

7. Tom Lewis

Tom Lewis GID

I have my trailer insured with USAA with Comprehensive and Collision coverage with a $500 deductible, which includes replacement cost. It is separate insurance policy from my vehicles. I think it is about $27.00 a year.

8. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Un freaking real....
    Thanks.