1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

August 10th, WERA F2 Expert Race at Grattan

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by galloway840, Aug 12, 2013.

1. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Disclaimers:

1) no editing done. Don't have time or know how to do that stuff...
    2) race starts at 3:00min mark - skip the warmup lap...
    3) I finished in 6th of 8, so there isn't a ton of footage of the leaders, but it isn't too bad.
    4) I just moved the camera to the front of the windscreen and didn't realize just how bad the wind noise would be. I like to think of it as "hitting warp speed" when you get above about 80mph!

There is some footage of Joe Kraft, Scott Trautmann, Jerry Reeves, Jake Maas, John Crawford, MotoGypsy, Jason Smith, Robbie Scudder and Clay Ernsberger.

Saturday F2 Expert Race report - I got a decent start, but right off the bat two of those fast and pesky novices came by (Robbie Scudder then Clay Ernsberger), and shortly later here come the Experts that I beat into T1 (Scott Trautmann, then MotoGypsy, then later Jason Smith).

I got by Trautmann and MotoGypsy on the straight, and then had my first big "save it on the knee" front end slide at T2. Mostly gathered myself back up and got going again by T5 or T6 with visions of following Trautmann, but quickly realized that was out of the question. I re-passed Motogypsy and Smith and didn't see them again. Although I later heard Smith was on my tail most of the rest of the race.

I was quite a way back from Ernsberger, but the last two laps I got a sniff of a chance and started to reel him in from quite a way back, and just caught him at the finish line. Last lap of the race I ran my PB of 1:29:03.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWnZHh1N4i0

In the F2 race on Sunday I ran a string of low 1:29s and pulled off a third place against the same 8 guys. Too bad my camera wasn't on that race because it was a lot more exciting. Joe Kraft stalling the start and then passing me around the outside of T1 a lap later...

2. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Good video Richard, thanks for sharing! That TZ flies!

I'm editing all of my video's from this weekend now, I'll post a link to the vid from this same race!

3. galloway840

Thanks, Jerry!

4. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Here's my video from that same race. I had a great launch, then had to try 3 times to get the damn thing into 2nd gear. Had fun with Trautmann and Scudder once I got rolling.

http://youtu.be/DGKGGP8nysE

5. galloway840

That was entertaining!

That Joe likes to demoralize from the outset doesn't he? Gone from the picture by lap 1.

Interesting to see the lines you guys are running, especially through the sweeper. Much tighter and shorter than I run it.

I think I'm losing a lot of time from T1 to T2. Got to figure out the drive there.

Great race, Jerry.