1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi leaving WEC and 24 hours of Le Mans

Discussion in 'General' started by 2Fer, Oct 26, 2016.

1. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

No big shock the program is diesel and diesel is dead for Volkswagen. The resources will just be shifted to Porsche.

BigBird likes this.
  3. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Yeah, I did find it interesting that both Audi and Porsche competed in P1 and they are both a part of VAG.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Makes sense. The EPA killed Audi's (and VW's) push of diesels so why race them? They are jumping into electric hybrids so why not race that stupid, gay ass, four wheeled toaster series?

and gets them closer to F1 where they've been rumored to going for about the last 700 years.

5. Logical choice for Audi and VAG.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Give Porsche the trophy I guess.

7. Depends on who protests and if the org follows through, or if it's a legit protest, or maybe Porsche protests then admits on a forum they cheated after the race.

5axis, joec and Steeltoe like this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

Cash is tight.

Trickles down to the suppliers also

9. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Boooo on so many levels but I can see how this stint for their P1 program has run its course. The R8 LMS is having a lot of success on track and as a customer program and they just announced the TTRS as a turnkey race car, but none of this fills the gap of the most dominant ever P1 program.

I really wish they would enter F1 either as a full factory team or engine supplier with the current regs since Audi and turbo go hand in hand in my mind.

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

You sure they're just not feeling the pinch from the VW debacle? Audi itself seems to be doing pretty good. https://www.audiusa.com/newsroom/ne...sets-june-sales-record-66th-consecutive-month

I think it sucks too. Even a single marque leaving any sport diminishes said sport in some fashion. Same as if Toro Rosso left F1. They may be Red Bull lite, but they are a team that challenges for the checkered at every race.

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

yeah, well, the motorsports stuff prolly isn't decided at audi , but rather at Volkswagen AG . we see and hear it on all ends, everything and everyone that goes to VW (audi, skoda, ...) is being reviewed and price cuts are demanded

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

VAG made it clear at the Paris auto show this month that they are positioning themselves as a leader in the electric vehicle field and distancing themselves from the negative image associated with diesel. The smile and silence when a journalist asked that question on TV to one of the head honchos (I can't remember which one) clearly indicated that he was no denying that this is what is happening.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Germany also outlawed combustion motors after 2030. It probly has more to do with the future, rather than Audi's past.

14. 418

418 Expert #59

Haha, that's some funny shit. Good luck with that one.

As far as negative image? You mean the one that VW gave it to diesel?

German OEMs have obviously lost their shit.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

What, CRAP....Comnifornia can't be far behind

Phl218 likes this.
  16. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Yea, screw them for trying to find ways to stop the rapid destruction of our planet.

17. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

I've been a longtime fan of the Audi - Team Joest cars. They have pioneered alot of technology over the years.