1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attn Chris Semoff...

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Lizard 1, May 1, 2000.

1. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

I know the guy you mentioned who makes big tanks for endurance racing is backed up a bit, but do you know of any person(s) that can make larger tanks? Not a whole lot of guys who do tanks for Kawasakis. Any help would be killer. Thanks.

2. indiana roadracer

indiana roadracer BBS Lurker

Former racer Tom Rose from Michigan made larger tanks a few years ago. You may try to look him up. Don't have a current number but it might be worth a try to look him up.

3. 13x

13x 13x.com

Big tanks are overrated. You get a big tank and then the bike is heavy, the suspension needs to be changed, you have to ride two hour stints, you get dizzy and crash, etc.

The best bet would be to make your tank smaller (ask Scott from Neighbor of the Beast to help you out there). The bike will be lighter, faster and easier to ride. And then you only have to ride 30 min stints! You won’t even break a sweat.

In fact all of the MWSB teams should run smaller tanks.

I hope that helps!

Jim (AOD lacky)

4. aod99

aod99 Administrator

How about some sort of large tank disarmament treaty?

No one will run a tank larger than 3 gallons!

5. brian

brian Well-Known Member

I have decided to go with the "small is better" and so has my girlfriend, thank goodness. Anyway since I have gone small I have contacted the Air Force and let them know that I may need several fly by fill ups in between pit stops. My gps should allow them to track me and come down to the track for the fill ups.

6. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Killer idea - what if we were allowed to use our "B" bikes to run up beside the "A" bike and refuel mid straight? A bit messy if not done by turn one, but those are the chances we would tank. Huh? Anyone? [​IMG]

7. BAS #513

BAS #513 Active Member

what the hell is a leaning lizard anyway??
    is it fast? or is it slow?
    will it be at putnam?
    maybe i should bring "steve the crocodile hunter"
    way to many questions and not enough time