1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attack on Parliament?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Dits, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

That's some Hot Fuzz level shit.

[​IMG]

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Oh, I heard of her. I don't limit myself to local news... :D

She is indeed very popular with the populists. :D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can the really good ones slow time too?

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's a question for G Danger 97. :D

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Or is he really 0097? :D

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hey, don't blow my cover. :D
    [​IMG]

ringdingding likes this.
  7. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

That?

Or more like this? :D

[​IMG]

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

9. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

Fixed that last part for you man. Hope you don't mind.

Riders Discount and XFBO like this.
  10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

If you've been here (Dungeon) long enough, then you'd know HELL NO, I don't mind.

I was just making a point on how ridiculous strict gun laws can also have negative impact on those who are tasked to 'protect and serve'.

11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Strict gun laws have nothing to do with most of Britain's police officers being unarmed.

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Well, I can tell you it did here in America for a little while.....so why there?

13. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

What is the reason? It never made sense to me.

14. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Its the traditional style of British policing. Its part of their culture. In surveys an overwhelming percentage of British police (80+%) want to remain that way. British police do their jobs for the citizens, not for the government. As such, they have chose this route to maintain that trust with the citizenry. There is more to it (read about Peelers and early British policing) but I dont feel like typing it up. Its their police culture just like our police culture is one built on weaponry and the use of force continuum.

15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

That pretty much sums it up, it's known as "Policing by Consent." The attitude towards firearms is slowly changing, there will probably come a time when all police are routinely armed.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Obama faked the moon landings. Who knew.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yeah, but he landed on the dark side...

Too soon? :D

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You spelled loon wrong.

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Talk about backwoods thinking....sorry but it's 2017, if you're working in a LEO capacity then you need to arm your men/women. And if there truly are no shenanigans going on with those so called in-house polls, then maybe their not hiring the right people for the job. I know that sounds insulting and it's not intended to but cmon, we live in a world where it's become fairly common to hear AND believe the old saying, "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight" and yet, you have a modern Euro country with unarmed LE....doesn't make a lick of sense.

IIRC, within the last half dozen yrs, two female officers were gunned down....they were responding to a burglary.....unarmed. Please.