1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assault Weapons Ban Heading to Senate Floor

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Quicktoy, Aug 9, 2019.

1. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

If you consider that a novel, you got bigger problems than being called a nutter by the Founding Fathers (and have zero shot of winning a debate straight up on the merits. . .because that shit was three paragraphs quoted and if you can’t even handle that, you’re proper fucked. . .because history is fucking looooooooooong and "nanana boo boo, I can't hear you" is not really a viable strategy. . .especially if you consider yourself intelligent).

What unicorn, rainbow utopian world do you live in where the government doesn’t attempt shit against its citizens? Who gives a shit what they attempt. . .I notice you didn’t say they actually have disarmed their citizens (because if you do go there, the facts are against you and that nutter designation is looking stronger and stronger by the second). Literally, the constitution was created to mitigate “attempts” (and successes) and considering that you’re using the word “attempted” instead of just “disarm”, it seems the Founding Fathers were right 250 years ago that it’s strong government institutions that do the heavy lifting rather than the arms (which is comical that you, the protector of rights, want to weaken these institutions, because you know, you’re smarter than some of the most brilliant men in history. . .warped as it is).

Since that last quote was too long, I’ll condense it down even further:

“The only refuge left for those who prophesy the downfall of the State governments is the visionary supposition that the federal government may previously accumulate a military force for the projects of ambition. . . appear to every one more like the incoherent dreams of a delirious jealousy, or the misjudged exaggerations of a counterfeit zeal, than like the sober apprehensions of genuine patriotism. . . and that all those alarms which have been sounded, of a meditated and consequential annihilation of the State governments, must, on the most favorable interpretation, be ascribed to the chimerical fears of the authors of them.

Women, gays, blacks, Japanese, immigrants (throughout history) – the list goes on with attempts (and temporary successes) of this “evil” chimera that you so readily fear and are dying to take up arms against. You know what history says – y’all stay on your couches with your guns locked in your safes talking about how you’re ready to defend the rights of your fellow citizens. . .but then elect to let the government sort it out.

The Founding Fathers are on my side with this one (as well as that warped history you reference) – it really only points to you being a nutter so I kinda get why you feel the need to try to discredit it because it works out in your best interest on the subject. . .until you have to go up against someone who actually knows what the fuck they’re talking about.

It’s amazing how that works. . .if only there was some sort of written record to help people figure that shit out. . .oh wait. . .

Seen, noted, and obviously ignored. . .:D

Based upon what is written in here, my guess is you guys are going to have to resolve a lot of boating accidents first.

sheepofblue likes this.
  2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

During any admin, not just this one or the last one or the next one...
    If they came shooting, they'd be treated as treasonous rebels attempting to overthrown an elected gov't and the military would be mobilized to wipe them out.
    If they came armed to intimidate as a show of force, they would be adding cells in Cuba for all the new domestic terrorists just arrested at the Capitol.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If only we hadn't f#cked up that balance thingie.

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Kind of my point.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Change it to displacement limits or top speed limits.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

No, you insipid twit, I wasn’t going to subject the rest of our fair readers with quoting the ENTIRETY of your scribe to post my response. Nobody wants to read that shit twice on a fucking web page. Idtio.

You hanging with Ganja Dude? Puffing on some PCP laced sticky green?

So, since you’re talking from both sides of your mouth, why don’t you take a stance and stick to it. Debating with Fred Astaire isn’t remotely interesting.

Hmm. Still not seeing anything that disproves the clear text of the Second Amendment in regards the rights of the people to keep and bear arms...

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Under any administration if it came to shooting it would be a horrible thing and despite any drama queens stating otherwise we have thankfully not approached that.
    However consider this scenario: At the end of his eight years President Obama declares the election of Trump illegal due to Russian interference, declares the election void and declares marshall with himself still in charge until new elections can occur. Shooting starts in.....

Oh and in case you think it Obama Derangement insert Trump in there assuming Pocahontas gets duly elected....shooting starts in....

The reality is our Founders were very clever and created an orderly transition of power that has worked very well so far. And despite the demonization of them a large part of that is due to President Washington. He not only rejected a king ship he also self limited to two terms setting a precedent that was honorably upheld until the Democrat FDR went against it requiring an Amendment to force the action (the same POS that also attempted to pack the courts and started the progressive new deal)

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

9. sheepofblue

Agree this was the first attempted coup in American history and most Americans do not even know it.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not the first, won't be the last. Republicans went after Clinton with the same fervor. He didn't get the media lying about him all the time though so that is different.

11. sheepofblue

That is not the part I was referring to as I agree that is normal. It was the bureaucracies that were used and very willingly. For instance wire tapping your opponent with the NSA

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, some of them need some serious house cleaning and to relearn what their job actually is.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Here's a twist for you guys. I'm hearing rumbles of a potential ban/regulation on body armor. This is a whole new can of worms.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Only if you haven't been paying attention.

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:crackup:

What exactly are you guys beefing about regarding body armor?

Where does it say law abiding citizens can't buy or wear them? Or did miss that part?

17. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

XFBO likes this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

They can take my body armor when they pry it off my cold, dead head! :mad:

[​IMG]

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Where’s the laughing now, dick?

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Dude, a day barely goes by I don't laugh at something you think you know about. :crackup:

No where in your link did it discuss anything about banning or restricting body armor use for law abiding citizens. It just covered unlawful use during crimes and/or criminal use....which is the way it's been for as long as I could remember. I will admit I was unaware of the dumbassery of Chuck Schumer's bill, that guy is even more FOS than you, maybe you should toss your name into the political game???

Anyway, unless his bill catches momentum with the other dumbasses in Congress, I'm sure you will be completely safe deploying your body armor on your way home from a tough day at work, roleplaying as your favorite swat member, so settle down son. :crackup::blart::crackup::blart: