1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asphalt is for getting TO the racetrack!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Tdub, May 26, 2014.

1. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

2. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Very cool! Thanks!

3. R1RJ

R1RJ Well-Known Member

What he said! :clap:

4. joec

joec brace yourself

those guys are nuts. and that grid is freakin stacked with skills.

id really like to know what happened to bonsey and his gp gig. his results sorta sucked. but it seems like the kid has got some serious talent. how many of those guys can say they raced 125gp on the world level?

5. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I have a special connection with Bryan...He was one of the original FFR riders way back when he was an amateur. He is not only a fantastic rider but one hell of and engine and chassis guy as well. When I lived in Michigan, I took the opportunity to move in next door as I was spending so much time at their shop. Bryan is extremely talented...he proved it this weekend when they took the restrictors off the HDs and he still won the Mile (for the 4th time!!)...proud of ya kid!!!

6. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Seemed like the harleys lost a bit when the restrictors were taken off. The Kwai's were on it.

7. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Actually the Harleys were more competitive this year. Don't just watch Bryan. Because he has Springfield, and many other mile tracks, wired. Whether he's on a Kawi or not. Jared Mees, on an XR750, ran the fastest lap of the main.

8. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

The HDs have been developed over the years to run with restrictors...there is much more involved than just pulling them out. Intake porting and cam timing will have to be adjusted..JMO

9. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Great racing! Thanks for posting.:beer:

10. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

And the Kwai set a track record. I loved hearing all the hype about how the uncorked Harley's were going to kick ass. Didn't quite happen now did it?

11. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Yeah Kenny still got motored, he rode his ass off though. I was pulling for him, I thought he might have that outside line working enough to get the bike in front of Bryan going into 3. Awesome race!

12. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

I thought I read Baker was injured and was out the rest of the season

13. I've said it before and will say it again, those miles are nuckin futs. Need some brass balls (or ovaries) to be bangin bars at those speeds knowing you will most likely tag a wall if you go down.

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Dairyland Classic this Friday Night!!! Cant wait!

15. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Impressive!!

Funny though....when a Harley crashes and there's part everywhere it reminds me of a Harley..lol

16. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

My favorite Springfield Mile photo...my barely 16yr old daughter running down the front straight!

[​IMG]

17. stk0308

A part would have to be broken off a Grand National rider to put them out for the season :crackup:

18. stk0308

And lets not forget. Jake Johnson was riding a Ducati. Sponsored by a winery. Never thought I'd hear that sponsor at a dirt track. He won his heat race and was in contention for a podium all day in the main.

19. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Very cool! I don't imagine there are too many people who could say that.:clap: