1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARM(Ant-Racing Motorsports) Lightweight Batteries

Discussion in 'Other' started by DucatiBomber, Jan 29, 2011.

1. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Our product quality is excellent! Try us and you will see for yourself! We mention that our facility is ISO9000 because, as you already stated, ISO9000 helps us insure CONSISTENT and WELL DOCUMENTED PROCESSES in manufacturing every battery that we make.

Be sure to ask our competition the following questions:

-Where do they manufacture their batteries? Our facility as stated above ensures that we have consistent and documented processes in place to ensure that we have the same quality product every time!

-Ask where they source their cells from? Ours are only Class A cells, never class B product or refurbished...

-While you are at it ask if they solder their cells(soldering can seal the cell vent=bad) or if they weld them(which is what we do)...

As we have said all along we want our customers to be informed...

So for anyone else who want to know what ISO9000/9001 is about I will save them the time and include a link here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_9000

We truly believe that we have the best product quality and production methods in place to ensure a great product every time... AND all of this at a great price!

We feel that more questions being asked by people will result in more customers who choose Ant Racing Motorsports for their battery choice! If you have any other questions feel free to ask and thanks for the free bump SPL170db!

Ride safe,
    AAron

2. bldg636

bldg636 Well-Known Member

Hey what battery would i need for my 05 600rr? Could you please PM me with a price and availability? thanks!

3. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

You will need a 4 cell...
    I will PM you price.
    Batteries are in stock!

Ride safe,
    AAron

4. UberRacing

UberRacing Well-Known Member

How do you recharge these?

I had a competitors brand that would draw down and give me problems starting my R6. Particularly if I cranked the bike for a brief period to go to Tech and that would be enough to draw down and not restart.

I'm interested as long as I can keep a good charge or recharge easily or perhaps have a backup to swap while charging the other...

5. ANT Racing Moto

ANT Racing Moto Active Member

If the battery had depleated to the point where it wont start (an this should not happen), you can charge the battery with a standard car charger quickly. (15min max).

The one reason why we have a Hot Swap connector is for this exact reason. if the battery should fail you can unplug it and put a fresh one in in seconds. One good thing to do is when the bike is not in use (over night) simply unplug the battery so it wont drain low if you have any other electronics on the bike. Having a spare is always good as we will have spares for our own team as you never can tell what will happen. Hope this helps.

ANT
    David A.

6. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

If anyone else needs a battery for this weekend at VIR let me know...
    I will have them at the track but...already taking half a dozen that are already "pre-sold"...
    Don't be that guy running around asking who has an extra battery! I been there b4 it aint fun:down:

Ride safe,
    AAron

7. ANT Racing Moto

We have been getting a lot of questions regarding our warrantee program on our new Smart Cell batteries. To clear up some of the confusion I have posted the details below.

12 month from the date a purchase – Repair of replacement free of charge.
    13 to 24 months – 50% credit towards a new system
    Original receipt must be presented or original purchased verified.
    Shipping to us is on the customer,
    Shipping to you is on us if the battery is deemed defective and not abused.
    All shipping will be via ground transport.

Also, we don’t care how you use the battery as long as it was not abused. Meaning, cover town off, dropped, burned, smashed, shorted; thrown out of your car window, over charged, etc…..YES you CAN USE THESE for RACING OR TRACK DAY EVENTS, no problem and it won’t void your warrantee. The batteries are made for racing, made for track days, made for street (as long as you choose the correct one)

The point behind having a light weight powerful battery is to drop the weight of your bike, mainly for racing and track days. Saving a few pounds on the street is also a good thing but the track is where it’s at!! Use our batteries and have fun…that’s what it’s all about.

For those of you that just can’t seem to get over the shrink wrap packaging…..well we will have our very own case very soon. It will be made of flame proof material that is very low weight and trick. It will not be molded plastic but machined! More money we know but it looks awesome. It will also be vented not 100% sealed and we will also still use the quick HOT SWAP disconnect. Why are the cases we have not 100% sealed? Simple, the batteries need to vent in case there is an event with the battery. If it’s shorted or goes thru a serious over charge event the cells need to vent and they cant do this if a case is 100% sealed. Also, the technologies the batteries are made from do not like to be exposed to extreme high heat. Having the case vented will allow some of the heat to radiate out of the case.

Pricing – No we are not going to lower our price in the foreseeable future. We don’t believe we need to as we will never chase our competitions pricing. We believe we offered our customers the best price from the beginning! Our product is bought and manufactured in the USA, We do not manufacture our batteries ourselves. We only us one manufacturer that is ISO9000/9001 approved. The only thing we do manufacture is the mating wiring harness. I hope this clarifies all of the questions you may have and as always. Thanks for the support and kind words.

Go to the races and have fun!!

Best
    ARM…..

8. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Podium!

Ant-Racing battery helped to put James Rispoli on the podium at Daytona! Congrats James way to keep your head down and finish strong!

The batteries worked flawlessly at VIR during the WERA opening round in cold temps!

These batteries work!

Ride safe,
    AAron

9. ANT Racing Moto

We will be making make an announcement soon of some new rider sponsors for our ARM Smart Batteries...They work and work well, even in temps that were below 40deg!

10. oldskool

oldskool Member

How many Ah's for the 8 cell and will it work well with a total loss system charging in the pits @ 2amps then draining during sessions then repeating ect.

11. ANT Racing Moto

8 cells are 4.6ah

Tell me more. What bike is this going on and how long are the sessions? It doubt you will need to charge the batteries after each session.

The batteries have a charge cycle of over 1K at full discharge so with less than 50% battery drain you should have well over 3K cycles as the discharge to charge cycles are not one too one or linear.

12. oldskool

oldskool Member

I run a 98 R1 (carb'd) 15 min practise sessions and 10-15 min sprint races. I was using a 10ah battery in the past however it is massive and heavy, thus the inquiry.

13. ANT Racing Moto

Thanks..The 8 cell should have plent of reserve for you and you should be able to run multi sessions without charging. The batt wil only be used for starting the bike and dont think you have any other electrinics on the bike that will need an electrical source.