1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARM(Ant-Racing Motorsports) Lightweight Batteries

Discussion in 'Other' started by DucatiBomber, Jan 29, 2011.

1. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Ant-Racing Motorsports (ARM) introduces our Lithium Ferrous lightweight batteries!

Here are some of the advantages of the ARM Batteries:

-Having a quick disconnect also give you the ability to relocate your battery adding the weight were you need it most.
    -Having the "HOT SWAP" connector also lets to relocate your battery to a place that will allow you much easier battery access like under your seat! Having to remove side panels or lifting your gas tank to access your battery is a thing of the past.....
    -Many modern day motorcycles tend to have a small power drain even with the key in the off position. (This is why the Battery Tender was invented) Having the ability to quickly unplug the battery solves this problem.
    -We do offer the batteries with cable lugs should you not want the HOT Swap connector.
    -ARM will also donate a portion is each sale to the Air Fence Fund or The Wounded Hero’s Foundation. Buyer can dictate what foundation they would like the donation directed too.
    -ARM manufactures all of our battery systems in an ISO9000 approved facility! This means you get the absolute best quality every time! Guaranteed.
    -ARM uses only Class A cells, NEVER Class B product, refurbished cells or cell purchased outside of the USA.
    -ARM is also an authorized dealer of the A123 Systems cells that are used in all ARM Battery product. This ensures a reliable source of product at a consistent price.

We only race what we sell! This year ARM batteries will be utilized buy the following racers:

James “The Rocket” Rispoli-James will be racing in the AMA SuperSport class and at select WERA Regional and National Rounds.

Tim Hunt-Tim will be racing at select WERA Regional rounds and several CCS rounds.

AAron Borello-AAron will be racing in the WERA NorthEast and Mid-Atlantic Sportsman series, select National events and several CCS events.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=43072

We will be at the track with batteries in stock and also available to answer any questions or issues you may have.

4 cell “Hot Swap”
    [​IMG]

4 cell Lug
    [​IMG]

8 cell “Hot Swap”
    [​IMG]

8 cell Lug
    [​IMG]
    To order go to:
    http://www.ant-racing.com/store/index.php?l=product_list&c=10
    For all ARM Battery products use Discount Code: ~ARMRACER2011

4 Cell SuperSport 13.2V 120A
    With Hot Swap Connector $113.00
    W/O Hot Swap Connector $103.66

8 Cell SuperBike 13.2V 240A
    With Hot Swap Connector $203.11
    W/O Hot Swap Connector $193.76

-If the codes are being given to non-racers and are abused the discounts will be pulled.
    -This program is to help the racing community only.
    -Racers must supply their Bike Number and race organization in the Order Comments Section at the checkout.
    -Shipping is a $5 flat rate fee per order and applies to orders delivered in the USA. Please send me a PM for international shipping.

Ride safe,
    AAron

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  2. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

Can you talk about the difference with the speedcell batteries (don't they also use A123 batteries?)

3. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

SethG,

We want you to be an "informed and educated" customer and compare our products against our competition...

We are not going to single out a competitor we would rather the customer make an informed and educated choice.

If you have any questions after comparing the competition let us know.

Advantages:

ARM is an authorized dealer for A123 Systems so we use ONLY Class A cells, never used, refurbished or cells sourced from ASIA.

ARM manufactures all of our packs in an ISO9000 certified facility so the quality is at the highest level every time.

Our competitors solder their packs together and that is a huge issue on quality of life for the pack.

Cell vents that are located on the end of the A123 cell must not be sealed. Soldering to the cell (As what most of our competitors do) will seal the vent. In the event of a failure you would have the potential of blowing the top off the cell which would make extreme pressure or worse, sending the cell into thermal runaway. In either case you will end up with a violent failure.
    - There are 80 resistance welds in our 4-cell pack and 192 in our 8-cell. Welding the cells will allow the pack to vent should there be a cell failure.
    - We use (three layers) of pure nickel 201 to interconnect cells. (Non-corrosive). This offers the lowest pack resistance and highest level of reliability on the market.
    - We use a double layer of Nomex material for electrical insulation. This is in addition to the sleeve provided on cells. Nomex is what they use to make fire suits. It also has excellent abrasion resistance properties.

Ride safe,
    AAron

4. racrx451

racrx451 Well-Known Member

what do you recommend for the 848? and what are the weights...

5. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Racex451,
    I recommend the 8 cell for the 848 and it is what I will be running this year on my 848.

The 8 cell weighs:
    18.4 ounces WITH the "Hot swap" connector attached (in pics)

The "Hot Swap" connector is considered "genderless" but for ease of explaining one half of the connector is attached to the battery and the other half connects to the bike to allow you to "swap" the batteries easily.

I will get a weight today of the other half of the connector but it will not be much.

Also you get both ends of the "Hot Swap" connector with the purchase of the "Hot Swap" battery.

Ride safe,
    AAron

6. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

EDIT:
    Sorry guys my conversion from pounds to ounces was incorrect in the post above... the weight of the 8 cell is 25.1 ounces...

When comparing us to the competition be sure to compare the weights of the batteries with the connectors! That way you have an accurate weight...

So to clear up any confusion here are pics of the batteries on the scale:

8 cell with "Hot Swap" connector:
    [​IMG]

4 cell with "Hot Swap" connector:
    [​IMG]

Here is a pic of the other half of the "Hot Swap" connector on the scale:
    [​IMG]

Calibration (Nickel weighs 5 grams):
    [​IMG]

As previously stated you get both halves of the "Hot Swap" connector in the purchase price of the battery with the "Hot Swap" connector.

Ride safe,
    AAron

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  7. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Trackday Riders PM me

If you are a trackday guy send me a PM and include what battery you are interested in and let me see what type of deal I can work out for u...

Ride safe,
    AAron

8. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Questions/PM's

All PM's and orders replied to.

Couple of questions we keep getting:

Advantages:
    -we only use brand new A123 cells bought direct!
    -we do not solder our batteries!
    -our cells are assembled in an ISO9000 approved facility

Recommendations
    -we recommend 4 cell packs for up to 600cc's
    -we recommend 8 cell packs for bikes 600cc-1100cc
    -If you have a really large displacement bike (over 1100 cc) send us a PM.

Pricing
    -we priced our cells based on the advantages we offer over the competition
    -be sure to compare our "Hot swap" batteries price with batteries from the competition with a "quick disconnect system" also. That way you are comparing "apples to apples"

We believe an informed customer is the best customer. So ask the competition about their product and compare it to ours. We think you will choose Ant-Racing. If you have any questions:
    www.ant-racing.com
    or
    send me a PM

Ride safe,
    AAron

9. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

Suggest for a 99 R6 racebike?
    And my 05 GSSXR1000 streetbike?

10. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Recommendations:

99 R6- 4 Cell with "Hot Swap" connector

05 GSXR1000- 8 cell with "Hot Swap" connector

A few things about these batteries for "street applications":
    We are not going to mislead people. These batteries are better for "Race" applications. They can be used in street bikes but they are affected by cold temperatures.
    So we leave it up to the customer... if the weight savings is a benefit you need on the street then buy the battery... but... understand that it can be a difficult start on a cold morning. With that being said- You can relocated the battery virtually anywhere on the bike so with the "Hot Swap" connectors you can take the battery out as easily as you take your helmet off if you relocate the battery to an easily accessible area....

ALL BRANDS OF THESE LIGHTWEIGHT BATTERIES ARE AFFECTED BY THE WEATHER!

Ride safe,
    AAron

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  11. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Thanks for the orders guys! All PM's replied.

Compare the competition and you will pick ARM!

Ride safe,
    AAron

12. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

We will be at VIR for the March round (WERA) and at Daytona for the AMA season opener so if anyone wants to see the batteries they will be at the track with us.

Ride safe,
    AAron

13. RichMangus

RichMangus Booya

Just got mine today and it looks great!
    I should be mounting it today or this weekend.

thanks
    Rich

14. ANT Racing Moto

ANT Racing Moto Active Member

Thanks Rich! Please do me a favor, let me know of any suggestions you have on the system in regards to cable length. Everyone has their own need but if you think the cable needs to be adjusted please let me know, and let me know how you are using it. Thanks guys for the support!!

15. RichMangus

RichMangus Booya

Well here is my mounting setup as of this afternoon! I would like to run a negative line straight to the engine block but that will be for a later date. I did a direct connection on the positive side but the negative side needs a longer connecting lead.

With this current setup my Bazzaz is directly under the seat. This location allows for easy connection to my laptop.

Rich

Attached Files:

16. ANT Racing Moto

ANT Racing Moto Active Member

Nice Rich....Clean setup. How much longer of a Neg lead do you need? Where is the Neg lead connected now. Did the bike fire up without an issue or did you need to add a charge. As you know we do not ship these with a full chnage due to shipping guidelines.

17. MYZ1K

MYZ1K Well-Known Member

So would you pretty much recommend the 4 cell for all inline-4 600cc track only bikes?

18. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Yes. 4 cell should be fine. If there is any specific issue with the bike let us know and we can figure out what u will need.

Ride safe,
    AAron

19. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Emails/PMs

All emails and PM's replied to.

Get your battery before the season starts!
    12 days to VIR and 19 till Daytona!!!
    Too bad it's snowing outside with a little thunder added in! LoL!!

Ride safe,
    AAron

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This really means absolutely nothing in regards to the quality of the product being produced ;)

Look up what ISO9000 and 9001 actually are, it's simply a measure of the manufacturing PROCESS, not product quality. A company could be manufacturing garbage, as long as the plant was doing so via consistent and well documented processes, then ISO certified they is :D

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011