1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple product ???

Discussion in 'General' started by XFBO, Jul 16, 2016.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I'm looking for an app that limits daily usage on my kid's Apple devices.

I'm only wanting them to be on there for 4hrs max per day, doesn't necessarily have to be a prescribed time period.

I found one called OurPact, but that app doesn't seem to have a 'daily usage' type timer....it does allow me to set up specific time periods to block use. But I'd rather give'em the freedom of picking when they want to use up their 4 hrs per day and this app doesn't seem to support that. For those who might be interested in it tho, it's pretty cool allowing you to schedule times, to 'block' and/or 'allow' right from your PC.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Hide the charger.

Bypass likes this.
  3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Tell them 4 hours. Then break their hands if they go over.

shakazulu12, Steeltoe and XFBO like this.
  4. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Give 'em tree fiddy.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Tell them "time is up" :Poke:

shakazulu12 likes this.
  6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Oh I do, every day, it'd just be easier if the freakin tablet did it on it's own, that's all.

Using the app I mentioned in the first post, it blocks use during their bedtime and in the middle of the day from lunchtime to about 3pm.....it basically disappears apps that uses the internet and believe it also cuts out the wifi so no surfing the net. Pretty neat app but wish it had a total daily usage type timer. :mad:

7. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Right. So not only is the iPad their escape, you want it to parent for you as well?

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

2.5 hrs before the first AH came along, not too shabby.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

New app just came out called "Belt".

shakazulu12 and TurboBlew like this.
  10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Now why go reaching for something when my hand is just as effective? :D

Steeltoe likes this.
  11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yeah but its an analog device...lol :D

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So it still works after dad loses his shit and smashes the iPad against the wall...

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's a quality product. I haven't seen any of them survive Dad's Hammer. There was this one guy that put some 45 rounds through his kids notebook. I bet ya Barney is equipped for that one. Only once though.