1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyonen own a Dodge Durango R/T

Discussion in 'General' started by ajcjr, Jan 17, 2018.

1. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

I have an Audi Q7 now its going up on lease and this car goes through brakes and tires like I change my underwear. I was looking at the R/T and also the new expedition from ford. Never owned a dodge before and was curious how people like them.

The expedition was a very nice car , great power and held the road nice. Durango drive just as good.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

R/T will go through them as quick and more fuel to boot :D

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I just wish they had the SRT version out when I got my R/T 1.5 years ago :D :D :D

[​IMG]

You might be surprised the fuel consumption is only mildly worse than my previous V6 Grand Cherokee. The engine has the MDS that shuts down 1/2 the cylinders on the highway, so as long as you aren't always stomping down on the pedal its decent.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sure it's gotten way better. Dad had one of the original Durangos and it was pretty horrible.

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I've rented several of them. I like them because all of our vehicles are Chrysler products and the interiors are laid out the same.

We are considering a Citadel for the wife as a replacement for her minivan. In comparison, I wouldn;t expect the same fit and finish as your Audi, but what I do like about them is that when something needs to be fixed, it's relatively easy to do on your own. If you buy the high mileage Michelin's, they will last.

ajcjr likes this.
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yup.....even the 6.4 Hemi that's in the SRT models has the MDS that shuts down 1/2 the cylinders when not needed. Granted it can only be so helpful on a motor that big, its does help.

ajcjr likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you keep your foot out or use the cruise control.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

You should get a Chrysler Town and Country.

cha0s#242, Phl218, Dragginass and 2 others like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

ajcjr likes this.
  11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

When I hit this button on the Durango a little checkered flag LED lights up on the dash and it gets noticeably more responsive lol

12.jpg

ajcjr likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I haven't played with the controls on the Ho yet. Just been soccer momming it.

13. With extra wood.

Phl218, Elsinore and BigBird like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All black with fake carbon fiber instead of the fake wood stickers on the side :D

BigBird and ajcjr like this.
  15. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Lol no town and country here, how about reliability , like I said never owned a dodge before. The srt is cool but to be honest having that power on tap all the time I’ll
    Be in trouble , I have the P car for the weekends!!!

16. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Like most everything else, if you take care of it, it will last. The only problems in the older generation was a fuel pump relay built into the fuse block which was a $1200 fix. They have since corrected that.

FYI.. They new hemi's have 2 iridium plugs per cylinder. Just know that when it comes time for a change cause it's painful paying that much money for plugs.

ajcjr likes this.
  17. The

The Baddest Mofo in Town

I like when I hit this button on the SRT.
    2900D5EB-141C-4610-AB46-14E12D285BA7.jpeg

Repo Man 32 likes this.
  18. obakerone

obakerone Active Member

My wife has a '11 R/T and loves it. She is a drag racer so also has a heavy foot at times and doesn't back down from challenges. That being said, she gets about 14 mpg but I've added a K&N air filter and a Borla catback exhaust. We also use her car to go on road trips and haven't had any issues. We do routine maintenance and always at the dealership. Yes, I know I over pay but we also got the extended warranty so it's not that bad.

19. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

That's just what I did... :cool:

My '87 T&C 2.2 Turbo Woody "Serious Wood"
    [​IMG]

joec, tony 340 and Canadian Bacon like this.
  20. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I just traded in my 2017 Durango GT, its basically a Jeep Cherokee. Ride was great and it had plenty of room.