1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone want to rent bikes and ride in Montana this summer?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I remember some truly weird shit but no way I would ever have the date of Little Big Horn memorized :crackup:

auminer likes this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I have 6 brand spanking new 2019 Himalayans ready for your Rocky Mountain adventure. Gotta break them in now and start installing stuff. Took one up onto Hellroaring today and got it stuck in a snowbank. Got some good drone aerial footage, too, just gotta figure out how to edit it.

IMG_5635.jpg

Banditracer and jrsamples like this.
  3. Critter

Critter Registered

You should look at the BOMS route

4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Those are the shizzle.

5. Critter

Critter Registered

Yup me and the wifey are taking the truck on a 1 week tour of back roads from Boise north in Idaho to Yellowstone then back to SLC

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Best of Montana?

7. Critter

Critter Registered

Yup

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

^ Well prepared. :flag:

10. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Didn't read all the posts.
    In the name of Frank, are you going to be a Dental Floss Tycoon?

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That $hit is played out... its all about sheep these days... and manifestos.

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Rental season is in full swing and I have bikes coming and going every day. Going well so far and the Himmas are a big hit with everyone. They are an absolute joy on gravel roads. Low center of gravity and narrow.

IMG_6493.jpg IMG_6391.jpg IMG_6474 closeup.jpg IMG_6482.jpg

13. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I'm planning a trip to Red Lodge and beartooth in a couple weeks.

THIS TIME (Rode last time) I will be towing, camping in the truck, and hitting Sturgis on the way back to ATL.

I'm looking into reservations right now, any input appreciated.....Last time was Red Lodge KOA.

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Man I wish I could go out there and do that. :(

motion likes this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Perry's RV is a really nice spot... just a few miles south of town towards the pass.

You could also find a spot along Rock Creek on Glacier Lake Road. MK campground is out there, and also lots of unimproved camping spots suitable for a truck/camper. Let me know if anything else I can help with.

16. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

This thread exemplifies what makes America great. Best of luck to the OP. Sounds like fun for both the customers and the proprietor. Shit like this makes the beeb great again.

motion likes this.
  17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Just saw your awesome post when I dug this up, fixing to spam the Beeb again :D Thanks!

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Winding down the summer... fall is already in the air here in Montana. I have a group of 6 taking all the bikes out tomorrow for 8 days. Most of my renters have been groups of 1 or 2, so it got me thinking... as sort of a pseudo tour, I think group rides might be attractive to solo riders and small groups. So, I'm rolling them out for next summer. 2 week-long rides for now, might increase if I get good interest. Its been a great ride so far this year!

https://www.rockymountainmotos.com/grouprides

group-camping-photo.jpg

Boman Forklift and SteveThompson like this.
  19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Check out Ursus.

motion likes this.
  20. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Next time we're up there we'll come and see you. We were in Bozeman last week, that place is busy... Had almost a full day to hang out so did Museum of the Rockies for half then pedaled the Bangtail Divide trail the other half. Had a great meal in Bozeman at Aleworks and enjoyed the stay but it's a zoo there. Drove through Yellowstone on the way home. In the West entrance and out the south past Grand Tetons. Incredible. Gotta do the north section now on the bike! Glad to hear it's going well!