1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone want to rent bikes and ride in Montana this summer?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Feb 22, 2019.

1. black knight

black knight Well-Known Member

Hmm, might be interested. I have some friends in Bozeman/ Belgrade area. Could be a good trip.
    Those bikes are underpowered, softly sprung pigs, but probably for the better as it would keep you out of trouble and tend to make you just enjoy the ride rather than be a hero.
    Checking with some buddies to see if we can coordinate a trip

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That's the idea... Montana isn't a good place for 1200GSAs doing 100mph. Too many deer and drunks. Besides, you can't take those huge things offroad too far.

Let me know if any questions. I have 3 acres, so tent camping at my place the first night is available.

3. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

You don't need a US MC license to ride in Thailand. We recommend you have an international drivers license but it is not required. Worst case scenario, if you don't have one, you get stopped in town and get a $15 ticket, which is "valid" for 3 days. You'll never get stopped outside of Chiang Mai and asked for your license so it's really just to avoid being pulled over in the city.

We're putting together our tours now for this November and December. Colin Edwards and his crew from Boot Camp have already decided to come back after their tour last year because they had such a good time.

This is one thing I can guarantee that you will not regret! Riding offroad with us in Northern Thailand is an experience of a lifetime honestly...and I've done a lot of shit..

4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I might be interested, always looking for something new. I spent 4 months in SE asia, been to Chang Mai, rented a honda 250, and in Phuket rented an r6. Your trip sounds fun!

5. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I’ll be spending this coming July/Aug in WY, MT, ID, and CO living off the grid in the back of my pickup, riding my dirt bike, shooting guns, and fly fishing. I’ll have to stop and and say hi, maybe rent a bike for a couple days.

6. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I'll be working at Alaska Trophy Adventures as a fly fishing guide for the summer. If anyone wants to come, the fishing is insane on one of the best rivers in the world

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Do stop by! Drop me a PM when you get close.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll be spending all summer putting on races :(

9. sill'r B sill'd

sill'r B sill'd throttle therapy

Is June decent "summer" weather up there?

10. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

If you end up in Missoula, check out my client Kettlehouse Brewing. Go to the Bonner Taproom and catch a show at their amphitheater. You won't regret it!
    And the owner Tim is a cool dude.

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

What do you do for the Kettlehouse dude? That guy came to town and has made a mark.

12. CRA_Fizzer

We (Stone Technologies) did all the controls for the Bonner plant. I did the controls for their waster water plant. Got to see Ween. I love that place...

Tim the owner would send me "home" every night with a care package. I would go sit on a rock in the river and enjoy them while watching the tubers go by.

13. dsapsis

Sweet. My friends in town say he can execute projects soup to nuts in a quarter the time most efficient projects roll. Have not tried the beers but definitely want to see shows at all three of the venues. Friend says per-capita live music opportunity is highest in nation.

14. CRA_Fizzer

Love "Cold Smoke"

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

June is an awesome month in Montana. The entire state is lush green like Hawaii. Still some snow in the higher elevations. No crowds. Things start getting busy around June 25th.

sill'r B sill'd likes this.
  16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

If anyone's on the fence or interested, I've put together a deal where the ringleader can save up to 50% on his/her rental fee: https://www.rockymountainmotos.com/referafriend

Initial batch of 6 Himalayans to be picked up in 2 weeks, heading to Red Lodge for break-in.

The Amazon guy is here dropping off rental helmets, tents, etc nearly every day.

Its happening :)

17. dsapsis

That's what Custer said.

motion likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Very well played, sir.

19. dsapsis

I like your style, Richard. I might even see if Arlene wants to do this this summer. She hates it when I am on a faster bike. :beer:

motion likes this.
  20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Totally would be nice to see a couple on the bikes. So far its been only guys renting. Hope it happens!