1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone want to rent bikes and ride in Montana this summer?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Feb 22, 2019.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

BigBird and Riders Discount like this.
  2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Oh man, talk about missed opportunities.....About 20 years ago the Utility I worked for bought Montana Power & Light. I tried to get transferred but they didn't want any Nuclear Engineers...WTF!!! My plan was to open a dude ranch...skiing and snow mobiles in the winter...bikes and dirt bikes in the summer....woulda coulda....regerts!

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yes!

Except I'm both poor and broke currently so any vacation would have to provide a salary :p

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

79 a day for the bike, sleep in the dirt. Cant get any cheaper than that sorry dude.

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Have you checked out the dude ranch scene in Montana lately? A couple of them are rated as the best hotels in the USA. Pretty unreal.

I'm hoping to expand to a 10 acre "Ranch" next summer with camping and a large pole barn. There might be guns involved.

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Red Lodge, Montana:

red lodge downtown.jpg

red lodge town.jpg

BigBird likes this.
  7. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

One of my favorite places to visit during the summer. The best “paved” motorcycle road in the country out your back door.

Just want to let you know I’m jealous, and will be hitting you up my next trip out there.

motion likes this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Its an amazing road, for sure. I get up there several times a year on bikes and the 911. Looking forward to your visit.

9. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

To be completely obtuse, this is your business?

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yes sir.

masshole, Britt and vfrket like this.
  11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Your site doesn't give a lot of info. Are you guiding these tours ? Every man for himself for accommodations ? Food ? Tents ? Etc. How does that all work out ? I could be interested but need more details of how the trip is planned and errathang.

12. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

Did it in 2006. Rented a Hardley in Bozeman, rode up to Glacier National Park and then back down to Yellowstone. The vacation of a lifetime!

motion likes this.
  13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Oh damn... sorry if it wasn't clear. Rentals only. No tours. You're on your own. I have helments, tents, drybags, camp chairs, etc. available for rent. You can eat tree bark and slaughter large mammals for food.

Dom17 and The.Johnner like this.
  14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That's what most people here do... Harley rentals in Bozeman, Billings, Missoula. Except, they're well over $200 a day after everything is added in and you can't take them on trails.

SundaySocial likes this.
  15. sdgers

sdgers Well-Known Member

I may be in the area this summer and am wondering what this amazing "paved" road is exactly.

TIA

16. Riders Discount

Beartooth Pass (212) which will take you to Chief Joseph (296)

If you are camping out there check out the Beartooth Lake Campground off 212.

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

beartooth hwy map.jpg

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Some of the campgrounds are closed to tents. About 10 years ago a few grizzlies when thru a campground just outside of Cooke City and ate some people.

19. Riders Discount

There were still a few people in tents at Beartooth Lake when we camped there in 2014. I was lucky enough to be sleeping in an RV.

20. sdgers

sdgers Well-Known Member

Thanks, guys.