1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone use Bel-Ray Fork Oil?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by C.R.Gixxer, Apr 20, 2011.

1. C.R.Gixxer

C.R.Gixxer Well-Known Member

I want to replace my fork oil 09'cbr600rr(Track) I believe it's SS-47 which is a 10w.
    I went to the Honda here in Costa Rica and they don't even carry it. Pretty much all I can get my hands on here is Bel-Ray fork oil. I want it to be as close as possible to the oem fork oil viscosity, everyone here is telling me go with 5w but my oem is 10w? I know that all 10w is not the same. Should I go with Bel-Ray 10w? Anyone use this?

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I have heard of it, but i can't say that I know anything about it.

3. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

I used to use it in my bike, seems to be ok, the only thing i did notice on the last bottle there was quite a bit of dirt/debris in it. So i used paint strainers and filtered it a couple of times to get it out. I have used PJ1 since then without any issues.

4. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

5w works just fine in the stock 600rr suspension. I did one weekend on 5w Bel-Ray and it felt just as good as the stock fluid, though everything was stock inside and not sprung for my weight, so it didn't feel perfect.

5. castrolr1

castrolr1 Member

i used it in a race-tech re-built shock and forks... no complaints

6. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Look up and compare the kinematic viscosity in centistokes. That will give you a good idea, much more accurately than the manufacturer-assigned viscosity rating.

Spectro and Bel-Ray 10W-labeled fork oil are around 32-33 cs if I recall, but I can't find the chart right now and have to do other stuff tonight.