1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone still rockin an FZR600?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by shift96, Dec 8, 2018.

1. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

May have a hook on one. Used to race one back in the day. Anyone vintage race these or still have race parts around like shocks and rear sets etc?

2. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Go ahead, it is newer than my FZ600. There are a couple guys on here with them, Kurlon and Britx303???

4. TZRusty

TZRusty Well-Known Member

I have a FZ600 rear wheel 4x18 from shelfed project. $50

5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

FZR400 here.

6. shift96

Raced 400's after 600 need to add one of those to the garage too

7. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Northeast Ohio, on the west Virginia border.

9. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Not to darn far, I’m in Ky and the fzr600 was my first street bike that was worth having. Lol

10. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Back to sShift's original question. I've been looking for race parts and have so far haven't come up with much. A Penske or Ohlins could probably be converted for a rear shock. No luck on rearsets. I did find a few different websites showing aftermarket bodywork but its hard to tell if it is still being sold.

11. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Does the FZR600 use the same rearset mounting pattern as the 400? If so Woodcraft still makes rearsets, as does Race Spares Direct in the UK, available via eBay.

12. shift96

Yep same rear sets

13. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

V&H ignition boxes turn up now and then, usually not cheap. Heavy cast starter drive covers also turn up, there were a couple sources for those.

I used a set of early-ish GSXR1000 fairings on mine. Seemed to fit fairly well and even lined up decently with stock fzr top fairing bracket.

14. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Not disputing you on this, but Woodcraft's site doesn't show anything for the 400 or the 600. In fact if you pick 1994, Yamaha doesn't even come up as a manufacturer. Should I be looking under something else?

15. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Interesting, they've redone the site. I'd call and ask them directly if they still have their FZR kit.

16. TZRusty

TZRusty Well-Known Member

I have a fz600 wheel rear 4x18. $75

17. shift96

17" conversion is the hot set up

18. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I did speak with Woodcraft and they have discontinued anything for the FZRs of that era. Would have to find something used or NOS. I'm not even seeing any Chinese knockoff stuff.

Did you buy the bike shift?

19. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Well, crap, one more source gone. Kinda glad I'm getting some custom ones made...

In the mean time, my current setup I got from Race Spares Direct. https://www.ebay.com/str/racesuppliesdirect He's not listing FZR kit at the moment, but hit him up via [email protected] to see if he's still making them. (I need to get pegs myself, come to think of it...)

The other option I've seen listed but I haven't tried is SES: https://www.sesraceproducts.com/fixed-rearsets---yamaha-fzr400-rsy001-187-p.asp

20. FZRCraig

FZRCraig Offensive to Most

Lots of FZR's racing north of the border and parts come up often on the Trading Post. Have a look...

http://www.vrra.ca/board/