1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Race a 95 - 97 ZX6R?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Greg Williams, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Greg Williams

Greg Williams Old & slow

Our shop had a 1995 ZX6R racebike given to us a while back. Judging by the tires, it hasn't seen the track since 2001 or so. One of our staff was going to use it as a track day bike. We rebuilt the carbs and put it on the dyno and found a small crack at the left end of the head. Someone let it freeze! Ran ok otherwise. I asked our PU rep, who worked and raced with us back in 2003 - 2006 if he recognized it. He has a vague memory of it possibly having a 4&6 motor but can't remember who raced it. It has a Penske triple, Woodcraft rearsets, and LE stickers on the forks. Otherwise, it's a scruffy old race bike! Oh, and NO TITLE!

Anyone want it or parts from it? We are in Kansas City. We'll make you a very good deal! Amazingly enough, the frame looks ok. As I remember, this generation was delicate around the steering head.
    Thanks.

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

PM sent

3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Price /pics if its not sold^^

4. Greg Williams

Greg Williams Old & slow

It looks like this poor old bike is going to Texas. I'm hoping that I didn't rip him off at $500!

Thanks everyone.

VFR#52 and ToofPic like this.