1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone on here work for, or sell Husqvarna dirt bikes?

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Jun 9, 2022.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Looking for a TC 65.

I've procured 2 unicorns in the process, but no 65...

Thanks

*I found one in Knoxville for $1,200 over MSRP.

2. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Give Steve a call at Keytime Motorsports, 608-378-4290. He’s a straight-up dude who doesn’t gouge.

3. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Call Bobby at Woolys in atlanta. He’s one of the biggest Husky/KTM dealers in the area and usually supports a lot of off road racers.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

On the floor $5499 in Utah.

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

that's a lotta dollars per cc

ducnut likes this.
  6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Agreed. I believe that is MSRP though. Never looked at them, just checked the local.

7. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Ask for Paul @ G.P. motorcycles
    GPMC Inc
    3617 India St.
    San Diego CA 92103

Phone: +1 619-233-4762 (619 233-GPMC)
    Email: [email protected]

8. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

He's in Cincinnati area.....

9. gsxr1000bill

gsxr1000bill Well-Known Member

Spykes KTM in Lafayette, Indiana. Ask for Justin. If he don't have one on floor, bet he can get you one. I've bought my last 3 bikes from him. Excellent pricing & service!!

10. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Any idea how Paul's doing now? Ain't been over there in years.

11. Kids aren’t cheap, I’m still cringing from a $300 bat and $300 glove for 10 year old little league baseball. Add lessons, travel, then all stars $5500 is a hell of a deal :). I was lucky to score a 2019 KTM 50 for the kid that has no expense spared and was built to the same spec as the kids A bike but had maybe 5 hours on it and was completely fresh when I got it last month. Not to mention the brand new spares package (of main expensive shit like crank, etc) and enough used stuff that if I can source a frame and cases literally can build another bike minus a few bits. Got it as more of a thank you deal for a big favor I did for the guys brother and wouldn’t take any money for it. Sometimes doing the right thing because it’s the right thing to do pays off. And no it wasn’t killing anyone or disposing of a body :) actually just got all his Motec working on his track day car which to me was more of a fun challenge than anything else. Plus I got to spin some laps at Road Atlanta on it. I’m certainly in the wrong business seeing what some of these guys charge for just basic stuff. I’m good at making it do what they tell me they want it to do, what that part is is up to them because I’m smart enough to know what I don’t know.

YamahaRick, ducnut and Phl218 like this.
  12. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

He seems to be good.
    Babies are now adults ...
    I am not in there as much as I was in earlier days.

(go see him, he likes to “catch up”)

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Thanks everyone. I ended up just buying the one in Knoxville after asking some friends what they paid for their 22' KTM and Gas Gas versions.

What I ended up paying wasn't too far off of theirs, so he has it and can get a jump on next year when he ages out of class.

Thanks again.

ducnut likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

talking to some of the baseball dads I’m shocked at the money grab that baseball at a youth level is. $3k a team to play travel baseball and some of the kids play for 2 or 3 teams in addition to HS or rec.
    And the part that killed me was that the tournaments charge the parents to watch their kids play at the tournament that they already paid to get the kid into.

Gear is stupid expensive (but here’s a hint on bats - check out Stringking bats. Save you $100 to $150 each bat).

15. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Is that 3k/kid on a team? And how many kids on a team? If so, that makes golf look cheap.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Per kid, each team they play on. So if they play on two travel teams, $4k to $6k. No idea on how many on a travel baseball team.

17. Haha. I know all about SKing. This is where it’s a tough balance between confidence and what you need as far as capability. My son has always had the best gear because well, I’m not the classic little league parent as I will clap and maybe say good job but that’s where I leave it. I’ll get him whatever he feels confident with. He has an A2000 glove but likes his A700 I borrowed then bought from a friend. He tried a bat that was about 35% cheaper than the one he has and mostly all in his head because it’s the same length, drop and COG of his current one his hitting finally got on track. Now one of the kids on his team who’s parents are good people but buying $300 bats just because is not an option. Their son just happened to try my sons other bat and was on fire. He can now use it the rest of the year. I sold it to the parents as he just has condolence in it as I didn’t want them to feel like I was throwing money around or them to feel bad they aren’t in a situation to do that. I’m not going to sell raffle tickets or donate my time to some fundraiser but for example team needed a lot more practice balls than they had and what was in the budget, the next practice 3 buckets of new Diamond balls were in the dugout, told the coaches I am not taking the wrappers off each ball. Put my initials on them in case I get them back. That’s $300 and change which would be a shit load of raffle tickets to sell. Over past few years I’ve been given an out by head of the league as I’m the silent donation guy who makes shit appear without being asked. Coach wanted a radar gun (very stupid idea for 10u ball IMO as it’s a tool for variation not for your overweight kid to throw as fast as he can so that you can live through him because like you, he will probably have the peak of his life in high school). Anyway I had a brand new one I loaned for rest of the year that has to come back. Where is gets funny is the parents who have no clue what I do behind the scenes always give me the stink eye for not “volunteering”. Listen fat ass, maybe do a fun raiser where you get sponsored to do steps in a day, get off Pinterest and you will raise money and be under the weight where you heart is not crying for help every beat : -) rant over.
    Cost of playing at Ripkens is nuts and it’s booked solid. We are from small town in NE Ga and while there is a lot of money around there is not a lot of economic diversity here. The cost is a big ask for a lot of people and not exactly like I don’t notice it gone from my finances, it’s just not the choice between paying my bills or kids ball. The way I look at it is maybe helping out can get the kid some hope and drive to be a better person and remember people helping him. It at least help keep the kids on track to not turn into criminals and for some maybe sports can be the catalyst to “break the cycle” as some of the parents it’s very clear that even in public don’t set the best example. I smoke like a freight train but sure as hell won’t be smoking around kids at a ball field. If I am trying to sneak a smoke no one will ever see. At a weekend tournament I’m ok with dads doing a poor job at hiding their beers but make a solid attempt. On a weekday game during regular little league, WTF, can’t go 2 hours without a beer on a Tuesday?
    Now ya got me all pissed off and I have to put my Jeep back together, it’s f ing 90 out and I’m tired as hell from shooting coyotes all night then watching WSBK.

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

my buddy got all up in arms about trucking his kid all over the NE to play baseball on various teams... turns out he hated it.
    The kid ended up joining the school ski team & actually helped him into Dartmouth. My buddy is a Penn State alum so it was funny see his son reject that school.

19. It’s about on par with golf for a lot of teams entry fees but…. You have to take into account travel, hotel rooms, eating out at places with inflated prices, even parking they f you for.
    One cool thing happened last weekend though. First round of all stars for our 9u kids locally. One of our coaches who’s a single dad of 4 (oldest of which is actually his now ex wife’s from her first marriage) youngest kid plays on the team. He has two other sons, all good kids. His 15 year old thought it was a good idea to try car surfing which knowing the kid does not seem like a choice he’d make. Needless to say it didn’t end well, then to make it even more awesome the 3 kids that were in the car panicked and fled leaving him for over 1.5 hours. He’s alive but brain massively swell, life flighted to Atl where they had to cut a huge chunk out of his skull and make a “flap” in his brain. I was eating for more facts to come out regarding the kids who left him before I threw some influence and whatever I needed to at justice but they were all arrested Friday. I’ll let that play out for now. I’m sure they panicked but you bite the f ing bullet. If he’d have gotten to a hospital they figure 35-45 min earlier it would have been a good injury in the bad concussion area but instead he has to now learn to walk and talk again (and they don’t even know at this point if that’s possible). The kid has some accountability for his own actions, by no means am I saying you play stupid games you don’t win stupid prizes but like wakeboarding. The pilot of the boat has a responsibility to circle back and pick up the person who fell. One of the kids dads is in some shit as well. He’s extremely influential in these parts and I’m sure played in his tennis league yesterday who he’s doubles partners with our Chief Magistarte. I am sure as soon as he was informed he called all his buddies and eventually got the answer for the kids to return to the scene then call police. Protecting his son (and I’m sure had his own finances in mind because it was his car they were driving ) was more important than saving a kid that his son has been friends with since they were in daycare. I know they got a warrant for his phone and my GBi buddy just said “we know the timeline of events and they are not good from GPS, texts, calls, etc) but cannot do anything until electronic forensics compete the report. He also said that he has personally seen enough evidence where once it gets out to the public his safety will surely be in jeopardy due to redneck justice. Think I’m one of the few yuppies around here who most of the heavy hitting rednecks like :)

20. My son could’ve played for a very respected and great travel team, they invited him to come practice even though we turned them down for tryouts. After the second one he said he hated it. I’m not banking my retirement on my kid playing MLB ball so if he’s not having fun - f it. Trust me he better put in the effort (we have contracts, etc for all sports, etc. our jobs as parents to provide the resources his to put in the effort, act like a good person, keep his grades up (he gets a 98 and he is pissed for not a problem). I had way too much pressure from a young age for hockey and as a kid looking back I almost played out of fear of disappointing my dad over anything else. When my dad passed away right mid season when I was 16 my career took off. When from maybe middle 2/3 to upper 1/10th. Sadly at 18 injuries outside of hockey got my full ride yanked 3 days before I was head to college. Oh well, I picked my shit up, worked and paid for my own school.

TurboBlew likes this.