1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone on here already have or ordered a new GoPro9?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Sep 18, 2020.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

It looks really good.

2. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Just watched the promo video, it's loaded.
    Auto horizon levelling is class.

3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Is $349 the best price. Thats the ad I’ve been seeing.

4. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

Hero 5-8 have had marginal improvements every year but 9 is MUCH better. I highly recommend it.

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Of course it is since I just bought a 8 a few months ago

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  6. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

If y'all have questions...lmk.

7. Quicktoy

I will primarily use mine for snowboarding. Should I get the 9 or the max. The max is $50 more but has 3 lenses.

8. code3ryder

You can be much more creative with MAX which makes it great for snowboarding. You can use it as a normal GoPro front or back lens, or 360 using both lenses. The biggest sacrifice is resolution and frame rate. 360 video is a bit to learn to edit and there's not a magic, just make it happen tool out there for that. So, it depends on how powerful you need the camera to be and/or how much editing you want to do as to which camera to get.

If you search Youtube for Fun Day at Eldora, you can see how I played with my footage. First time on a mountain in 10 years so nothing epic just fun.

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. Quicktoy

Thanks for the reply. I was really leaning towards the max with the videos I was watching and you can edit the selfie stick out in motion?!?!? Awesome

10. code3ryder

As long as the stick and camera are inline, it does it by itself.

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. Quicktoy

The max has been out about a year though no? Should I wait to see if they upgrade it?

12. code3ryder

No reason to wait.

Quicktoy likes this.
  13. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Hows the battery life on the 9?

14. code3ryder

15. Quicktoy

The problem I had with my hero7 black before I lost it in the woods at Loveland was it would turn itself off halfway down every run from getting cold I guess. I don’t know how to fix that besides keeping it close to my halls on the lift.

16. code3ryder

lol well, kind of the thought. you do want to keep it as warm as possible as long as possible.

If you look up DC Rainmaker and his HERO9 video on Sept 16 at about 4 minutes or so, he does a cold test. It does pretty well when the camera is warm and then gets cold. But, if you freeze a camera then try and use it, ya, it's going to have problems. It's a physics thing not a GoPro thing. Weather extremes on both ends makes things tough.

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Anyone wanna ditch their old and crappy hero 8 black? :D

19. code3ryder

It's got a bunch of upgrades in many places. It's not a complete revolution, but it's a bit more than an evolution.

20. Chasbro

Chasbro Well-Known Member

I'm still impressed with my hero 7.

Quicktoy, code3ryder and BigBird like this.