1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone on here already have or ordered a new C8 Vette?

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Aug 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Phl218

Phl218 .

indeed, it's a pretty stellar whip. there's a reason they're almost sold out anywhere you look.

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

:crackup:
    Just laughin' at the progression of posts.

I'm not really a hater, it's just that the C8 is soooo all new that someone had to kick rocks at it and I felt up to the task. :D I don't think anyone is dissin' the LS engine but the DOHC and its upgrades will take time to introduce. As that transpires, hopefully the C8 will mature into a finer vehicle.
    I'll still take a Porsche cuz, for a DD in the northeast, I'd want the AWD. Realistically, the Cayman would work, too. I'll take practical, every day high-performance over "dammit, it's raining" any time.
    Our C6 isn't any fun at all when the traction gets sketchy and I don't like being limited by weather. Maybe the C8 will be different in that department but I wouldn't spend double the C6 money to find out.

3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I'm the anti-you. I really like Porsche. Will likely be in a Panamera GTS if commuting is ever a thing for me again.

4. fastfreddie

Fuck a sedan. :D

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

"Corvette is okay in a straight line but if you want to actually go around corners you need to go Porsche."

Horseshit, you ever try and push a 911 hard into a corner? You'd better have balls and know wtf you are doing or you're gonna end up harvesting the rhubarb. :crackup:

Porsche: Putting cockheads into the weeds since 1964!
    Porche 911: Killed more Lawyers then the WERA BBS.

sdg and noles19 like this.
  6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

If I ever get the one I want, I bet I could beat 80% of C8 owners in a 0-60 challenge from a red light (both cars stock). And my vehicle would be five years old and less than half the cost. Oh, and hold 3X as many passengers.

41drHcqOaJL.jpg

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yep...those hunks of shit with the motor in the wrong place are indeed not the best to drive.

BigBird likes this.
  8. fastfreddie

As much as I'd want AWD...
    Cayman! Cayman! Cayman! :cool:
    I've had enough V8s in my life. Always underwhelming, except in the Jeep. :crackup:

9. fastfreddie

Just don't line up against a Mustang. The car might be good in a straight line, but their drivers... :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  10. Venom51

I've still got the truck if I need to use 8.3 liters to kill some rubber. On a related note I just realized the truck is 8.3 liters and the beetle is 3.8 liters. Hadn't thought about that before.

11. fastfreddie

I think Broome would find that oddly satisfying.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

In that class, I would go M5 Competition. Or the new G80 M3 (without the front bumper). I love fast sedans > fast 2 doors (except Mazda and Porsche)

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I love ‘em but if I tried pushing a non electronic aid 911 today, I’d be harvesting corn or worse, going through the pearly gates upside down, on fire and laughing my ass off.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

15. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

With the change in motor location I would think the C8 would be a little better than the C7 and before.

Not saying it would be a lot better. But with more weight leaning on the rear wheels it should see an improvement.

16. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

I don't know if I paid 200K for a Porsche and got schooled by a car that cost 1/2 what I'd paid doing something they were made for I'd be pretty pissed off.

I just look where the all the 911's are on this list and then look at the times the #12 and hell even the lowly #13 car put down around VIR. Vette AND Camaro win hands down....

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a23319884/lightning-lap-times-historical-data/

17. Venom51

Here's another way to look at it. You could buy the Vette and sell it a year later for half what you paid for it. On the other hand you could buy the 911 GT3 drive it for a year and sell it for about $200 bucks less than you paid for it.

I tend to think of the GT4 as I do the little 400. It's got enough power to be fun and is stupid fun to wheel around. It is the fastest thing on the planet? Nope but that's not always the goal for everyone.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  18. fastfreddie

The "Lightning Data" just shows me what I already know...horsepower is a great equalizer.

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

i can see the C8 vette transioning to a electric drive train in the not so distant future... that would be interesting

20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

They will come out with a new vehicle called the corvolt. I should Trademark that and put that on lock down.....