1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone on here already have or ordered a new C8 Vette?

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Aug 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I don't know, it seems to me that an accomplished driver wouldn't bother with such foolishness. You'd smoke him. :D

2. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

dam opinions all over the map for sure. But for the money I think its a bargin. I had a 2018 5.0 GT and was pretty happy with that but the mid engine and looks impressed me. I just dont know if I can get it into may garage with funky driveway angles. I need to find someone that has one to see if will work. Wish they made it a bold green, that would look sick. Thus far I have only seen in person white and orange

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

A good wrap isn’t so costly and once you sell it you have new paint underneath

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

A color change vynil offers very little protection.

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

not against rocks , I agree. A clear bra is way better.
    But everyday dirt and wash swirls...

6. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

For me the ownership experience wasn't just about 10/10th performance. I couldn't believe how the Porsche dealer treated me. I eventually bought a couple year old Corvette with low miles. I drove it fairly hard. I owned it for 3 years and did 2 oil changes, a battery and a hood strut (from Amazon). Then I sold it for $5k less than I paid for it. It was a very easy way to have a ton of performance. I don't think any European brand can come close.

That said, I don't really miss it. I think I'm not a car person.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  7. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

The Z06 variant base price was always a around the price of the fully optioned out base model Vette. This time I expect the base C8 Z to start around 95-100k because of the the new normally aspirated DOHC, flat plane crank, 5.5L V8 that GM is basing off the C8.R. I fully expect an even higher spec model than the Z06 with a the typical lump from the base model, but upgraded for a supercharger.

BigBird likes this.
  8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

It’s a nice car. It’s actually something new from an American company in performance design. They will sell many.

I said this 20 years ago. And it will always be true.

What do you get when you pay off your Corvette?

Answer: A Chevy

As long as you are aware of that and fine with it. All is well.

9. fastfreddie

Now why couldn't I think of saying that instead of spewing all the hate?

Must be the Chevy in the garage still interfering with my sensibilities. :D

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Vega or Monza? ;)

11. fastfreddie

:D
    Don't knock the Monza! 2015-03-05-1456-0201.jpg
    Uh, wait a sec...that's a race car. It put a hurtin' on Porsches back in the day and, yes, I wanted one. (Kinda still do. :oops:)

scottn likes this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Dude, I would give someone else’s left but for one of those gas crisis models to rat out :D

fastfreddie likes this.
  13. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

The C8 is sweet. I have a good buddy with an orange one on order. Dual Clutch cars are WAY fun. However, for $80k to get a nicely optioned out unit, I think I'd just get a Cayman S with PDK and some bells and whistles. P car will retain more value and the interiors are amazing.

gixxerboy55 likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

This I agree with.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

16. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

It's the first year of a new design. So if there are any bugs to be found, they should show up this year. Recalls will tell us how good the design and engineering are in this C8.

I've seen a couple, and cosmetically I like what I see. Now in 2021, 2022 and 2023 we will see the quality control.

17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

All you P car loving bitches can get in your BOXSTERS and beat it. This is about bad ass American V8s.

:D

motoracer1100 likes this.
  18. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Dollars to donuts it's going to be faster than the GT3 RS and I wouldn't be surprised if it give the GT3 RS a run for the money as well. You can hate all you want, but that platform has nothing but crazy upside.

I'm sure Porsche just gets theirs of the showroom floor, like any other dickwad in a 911.

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wasn't trying to contradict anyone. I saw the car was being discussed here, I thought the article was relevant.

G 97 likes this.