1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know anything about binoculars?

Discussion in 'General' started by antor1, Apr 23, 2018.

1. antor1

antor1 Well-Known Member

Going to Mugello this year and wanted to buy a pair of binoculars. Im a bit confused about the sizes and whatnot. And dont know much about brands.
    Im looking for something compact under $100

2. Yes.

I know when you look through them, it makes shit seem closer than it actually is.

3. antor1

antor1 Well-Known Member

Bored? No worries, its getting warm

4. condon66

condon66 Member well known

And if you look through the other end...it makes shit seem farther away than it really is.

BigBird, Chris and badmoon692008 like this.
  5. antor1

antor1 Well-Known Member

Dame. Rough crowd this morning

6. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Seriously though, limiting yourself to compact and less than $100 pretty much means just go to Walmart and buy a cheap piece if shit. Still better than nothing though.

7. antor1

antor1 Well-Known Member

I need to buy 2 of them. Ill probably barely use them other then times such as these which is not all that often. Just want something decent

8. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

9. antor1

antor1 Well-Known Member

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

At $100, you’re really limiting yourself. Considering the viewing distances you,re up against, maybe find a used set with image stabilization from Nikon or Canon? I have Canon 10x30 IS binoculars, and while not that great in zoom compared to other options out there, the stabilization function really helps provide a clear image.

11. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

A good set of binoculars is more useful than you think. I now take my small ones on every vacation.

Vortex is considered to be one of the better budget brands. You should be able to get something in the $200 range that is better than most people have ever used. I'd buy 1 $200 pair and share rather than 2 $100 pairs.

You can go to Bass Pro or Cabellas and try out a bunch of different ones. I'd do that before buying online.

Do you wear glasses? That is the most important part for me.

12. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

About binoculars? You have to look into the smaller ends.
    Or, you can try looking thru the big lenses I guess.

I know they make high tech ones=$$; and cheapy ones

13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Don't get cheap ones. You can even go used. But go for quality over big numbers because good ones will give you a clearer sharper view, even if they don't zoom as much. Go for the known brands : Tascam, Nikon, etc.

14. SteveThompson

15. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, How hot is the chic you're looking at with these? LOL

16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

BigBird and SteveThompson like this.
  17. SteveThompson

My wife bought them for me as a gift. I would have never bought them for myself.

But she also bought this and made me use it https://www.steiner-optics.com/sites/default/files/float-strap_0.png

She may be generous but she isn't stupid!

18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Vortex Diamondback. I have a pair of 10x32’s that are perfect for my use and were only like $150 if I recall. You don’t need Gucci shit.

antor1 likes this.
  19. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

Vortex is good stuff for the money. Also check the "bargain basement" at Cabelas if you have one near you. I've seen some pretty good deals on optics in there from time to time. They will also match any price, including online.

20. river rat

river rat Well-Known Member