1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone in international freight - ISO tanks, Drayage, etc???

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Mar 31, 2020.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I'm trying to locate a drayage/storage/transload company or companies near a US sea port (prefer gulf or SE coast) that can handle receiving overweight ISO tanks of a non-hazmat chemical and transload from that into IBC's.

Our usual logistics and ISO tank companies dont seem to be of any help. Some web searching gets me guys who can handle 100,000lb ISO tanks but wont transload, or transloaders who dont have overweight permits, etc. There are so many people in this business I thought one of you idtiots may have some potential contacts.

Thanks.

And shit.

2. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Do you have a rail spur ?

3. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I can do that for you BUT I'm in Long Beach. Equipped with four axle trucks/triaxle chassis and all the permits you'd need.

4. ChemGuy

No.
    All our stock in the US...and there is a lot of it... is kept in public warehouse/storage spaces.

Ideally we could find someone to move the heavy Iso tanks from the port to a yard, transload into IBC's and store them or ship those to a different warehouse.

5. ChemGuy

Hey shoot me a PM with your contact info. West coast may not be our first choice but its not off the table either.

6. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

No prob, sent ya a message.

7. tony 340

Can you put on cargo ship for Detroit?

8. ChemGuy

Not sure. Barge or rail may be possible with the weight we need.

You got someone in Detroit who can handle it?

9. tony 340

1 spot for sure.

Connections for 2 more,

10. tony 340

Trucking is always easy....I guess it just depends on your volume.