1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone hoarding Hawk GT parts?

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, May 16, 2022.

1. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Hawk GT was my very first bike. Always had a thing for them. Drove to North Carolina yesterday to pick up this bad boy. Bike looks better in the picture than it actually is. According to the seller it has been sitting for 5 years under the tarp. Haven't decided to either restore it, or modify it. Either way, it will be a street bike.

Does anyone have extra Hawk parts collecting dust?

- Mint stock can, or a nice aftermarket full system
    - Rear shock
    - Uni pods
    - Jet kit
    - Wider rear wheel
    - fancy front end
    - good condition front fender (red)
    - Right side radiator plastic guard
    - Rear stand
    - any other cool bits?

[​IMG]

Stumpy likes this.
  2. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Clutch and throttle cables are shot, fork seals non exist, wheel bearings are probably garbage. tank needs a good clean. battery is missing. Crabs gummed up.

I could use some parts. lol

3. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Needs tires, better brakes, clipons....

4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Hordpower works wonders with these. He was a very fast racer on them, as well.

dobr24 likes this.
  5. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

NEstreetriders.com still has some Hawk racers/riders if you want to ask there.

6. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Yep, going to scout the other forums/sites. Wanted to check on WERA first.

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Step 1: find Hawk hoarders
    Step 2: get their wives/next of kin contact info so you can buy the shit when they die...cause that's the only way they'll let go of it

8. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

They know what they've got.

Banditracer likes this.
  9. Nic

Nic Well-Known Member

10. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

11. Ken Roberts

Ken Roberts Active Member

FWIW, The stock rear wheel fits a 160/60 perfectly. Slide a 94 F@ front end into the frame, no mods needed, now you can run a 120/70. This takes care of the brakes, tires, clip-ons and gives a good riding position for the street.
    Remove the top of the airbox, leave the stock filter. Slide a large washer over the center pin and down to the filter. Press down and mark the pin with a sharpie. Drill a hole across (through) that pin, slide a hitch pin in (above the filter), this holds the filter tight to the bottom of the airbox so it still filters well. Jet carbs to your needs.. Muzzy made a slipon, but the dual pipes drag on the right hand side, so buy a full system if yer gonna knee drag. The sidestand will drag first on the shifter side, remove it and it's mounting bracket, keep the center stand, it won't drag unless you are really flying.

Alex_V likes this.
  12. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

13. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I may or may not know of some stashes of Hawk parts... and bikes. Let me see what I can find out in the next few days. I've already got one project bike in the garage from a Hawk friend that was getting out of riding, but know of a few others. Would love to find someone just getting into motorcycles that is looking for a good deal on a Hawk that they can put together and enjoy.

Alex_V likes this.
  14. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

FYI the unobtanium stuff are good condition tanks, rear cowl with intact tabs, and the gauge housing/cover. These parts in good condition are worth their weight in gold these days.

15. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Had a few various Hawks over the years, most all of them far from stock. I don't swap bikes as much as back in the days, so this one will most likely be a keeper.

Thinking about going mostly stock with this bike. Shock and exhaust are the highest on my list.

16. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Head over to Hord Power and hawkgtforum.com. They'll have everything you need. Browse the build threads too. Couple of people making parts on the forum outside of Hord.

My comments:
    - Mint stock can, or a nice aftermarket full system
    Still can find some full systems. I had a smashed supertrapp full that I cut off the can and replaced with a similar supertrapp.
    - Rear shock
    I got a DMr rear shock. Just make sure he puts the fitting in the right location. Penske also an option. See Hord Power for Penske.
    - Uni pods
    See Hord
    - Jet kit
    See Hord
    - Wider rear wheel
    I'm running a VFR 8 spoke. Swapped the whole VFR eccentric/spindle/brake since the hawk stuff was damaged/rough. Someone on hawk forum can do conversions to whatever you want.
    - fancy front end
    I have an F2 front wheel to keep stock speedometer. Andreani fork cartridge kit from FastBike Ind. Can do fork emulators or fork swaps too.
    - good condition front fender (red)
    - Right side radiator plastic guard
    - Rear stand
    - any other cool bits?
    Printed a bracket to ditch the passenger pegs and still support the rear cowl. Couple of radiator swap options. Brackets to run Brembo or Tokico 6 pot caliper. Swapped front master with R6. Swapped rear brake with CRF250/450 to ditch reservoir mess. Options to replace OEM fuel pump. Installed a Skidmarxx CF rear hugger from a VFR750. Look for the chain roller mod if the OEM chain guide thing is missing/worn/damage. Options for different brake rotors. Tyga rearsets are great. Replace your cush drive rubbers. Mine were disintegrated. They wear out. Did a 520 chain conversion, but took forever to get a VFR 520 rear sprocket at the time. I made replacement front tank rubbers.

Alex_V likes this.
  17. doppio

doppio Well-Known Member

That looks like a fun project and takes me back. Had a DR350S in college up that way and another guy had a Hawk GT. We didn't really hang out but we'd see each other out riding and swap bikes for a bit. When I sold the DR350S, almost bought a very nice RZ350 off a Dunlop engineer in Buffalo but ended up with a Ducati 900SS. Always felt like I missed out not owning a Hawk GT or RZ350.

18. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

I have a whole bike. Full exhaust and Rearset. Some mods. Where are you located. I want to sell for cheap but locally only. I am in south Florida.

19. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

To be honest wasn't looking for a whole bike. No room in the garage. Any chance that you will part some of the bits?

20. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

How cheap are we talking?

stickboy274 likes this.