1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Here Been To Spa Belgium?

Discussion in 'General' started by YamahaRick, May 25, 2019.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I have to travel to Amsterdam in a few weeks to attend a conference. Over the weekend I am there, I am thinking of driving to Spa to see the track. There is also a car/motorcycle museum in a nearby city.

Other than visiting a spa, anyone have any suggestions on things to do/places to see?

TIA.

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Belgian chocolates, Mussles and Frites.

Oh and Blonde Beers.

All I got.

joec likes this.
  3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Hit up Westmalle (just inside the northern border) for the mother of all blonde ales (Westmalle Tripel).
    It's about 30km NE of Antwerp.

yzfpat likes this.
  4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Abv?

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I don't speak anglopean. Wtf is a frite? Also, you spelled mussels wrong.

6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

9.5% v/v. It hides it well. Seek it out; it is the ürtype for Tripel.

speedluvn likes this.
  7. YamahaRick

Fried potatoes, aka French fries.

Since I don't drink, can't use many of the suggestions so far. But I do appreciate them, as others may find them useful later.

There is a tour available on a Monday when my schedule is free; that is an option. If I can find 14 friends with cars we can all have two laps on the course at controlled speed for 250 euros. I wish a one car option at 1/15 the price was available.

Steeltoe and Phl218 like this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

It’s a pomme de Terre cut in stripes and fried

You call them freedom fries AFAIK

10. I may know someone who did multiple laps in the rain in a rented Ford Mondeo combi (station wagon). He‘s an idtio ;)

Phl218 likes this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

I bought a VW van (T3) transmission close by in the 90’s. Was up there in my brothers Audi 90 sport.
    Unfortunately that was the Monday after Rock am Ring and there were already lines for the 24h race the following weekend. So no laps during those days

12. It’s actually pretty difficult to get on track in the Summer.

13. YamahaRick

Made it to the track on Saturday. WOW, what an experience. Somehow, I was allowed to park in the infield, and had easy access to the entire paddock. I probably could have walked up to the wall between the track and pits if desired! (too chicken to try though)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

motion, yzfpat and Phl218 like this.