1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have experience using DHL?

Discussion in 'General' started by SGVRider, Jul 15, 2014.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I'm considering a deal with them so that we can offer more competitive shipping rates to our international customers. We ship individual consumer goods in small packages, no pallets.

Who has experience with them? I know they're pretty solid as far as getting things where they're supposed to be on time and not losing things. What about other complications? I've heard they're hard asses about potential customs issues and inspections in certain countries, especially compared to other companies. Is this true? Has anyone used them and experienced a higher rate of impounded packages than with other services? Does anyone have some general horror stories or praise about them?

2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

We used them for years. They were ok, but we ended up getting a better deal with purolater. But this was just for domestic canada shipments.

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Were you guys shipping smallish packages or palletized loads? We've considered using them as a consolidation service for domestic orders, but we've heard too many horror stories about consolidation so we decided it wasn't worth it.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They don't suck.