1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have a 180/55 Pirelli SC1 slick?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Billy B, Jun 13, 2022.

1. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

I also posted this in the other Pirelli tire thread here, but just in case -
    Hey Pirelli tire guys - Mark Junge is the local guy in my area but he can't get the rear slick I need to fit a Kramer. I'm looking for an SC1 180/55 (not the 180/60) to use this weekend at Nelson Ledges. Does anyone have one they can ship me? Thanks!

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I know it's not your regular vendor and it's not their territory but call Chris McGuire at CT race tires in Santa Cruz. He runs the warehouse for CT as well as track service he MIGHT have one
    831 419 9680

3. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

Thanks for the pointer Illy but I just called and he doesn't have any either. He suggested I use their DOT instead, which honestly I'd rather avoid if I can find a slick.

4. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

I have some in a trailer in Colorado. If you’re really interested I can see if a helper can grab it and ship to you. Shipping time is somewhere between 3 hours and 3 days. And No, the 3 hours isn't a joke.

Lemme know and I’ll see if I can make it happen.

Edit:
    Also let me know your nearest airport. Cleveland and Akron don’t seem to be options. Pittsburg is for $75 and gets it there in about 5 hours-ish.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  5. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

Wow - thanks! Nearest airport is Columbus - CMH. If you can get it there by Friday I'll take one. PM'ing you now...

6. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

Thanks again Blue Junk! Will be picking the tire up at the airport on my way to the track Friday!

7. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

Thanks again to Moto Station for shipping the tire so quickly!