1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else in the cycling industry?

Discussion in 'General' started by PMooney Jr., Jan 5, 2021.

1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Wait. These things ain’t got no motor or nuthin’?

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My bad...I thought he was asking how businesses in general were doing. I read the paragraph again and realized that speed reading isn't my thing:oops:

Well, my son bought a new Santa Cruz 29'er last month and a trick new Fox Shock to go with it, so he's supporting the industry:D

rd49 likes this.
  3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

4. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

@G Dawg

You been able to get ahold of any trainers?

Thanks Ski!

5. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Other than some Tri customers and one buddy who mtbs out of state often, I don't know anyone here that uses a trainer. Florida :D

Gino230 likes this.
  6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Negative Ghost Rider.
    Showing 2/1/21 , but many of the items I have on my watch list have shown dates that have come & gone.
    Amazon has some and with free shipping, it's close to what I would have to charge with shipping.

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Yeah I would call around and see what shops have in stock. Some of those trainers might be hard to find around this time.

At the end of the day, I got a lot out of the dumb trainer still, and you could find one cheap on FB Marketplace if you had to. I had structured work outs that still were plenty beneficial over the winter. I would see what the LBS recommends for a cassette, as I'm not as familiar with the Shimano stuff, but a 10 or 11 speed sounds like it would work for either bike.

I will tell you, the fat bike is the most fun bike I ride. It's like riding a dirt bike, with all kinds of grip/traction, rolling over whatever you want ..

.. except without the motor.

:D

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I often find myself asking the same question ...

t11ravis likes this.
  9. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I just got a Kickr V5 2 weeks ago, it is as plug and play as it gets. You don't even have to assemble it. (Pretty sure you have to get your own cassette for the Core.) I put my Giant TCR with 105 on the Kickr and was riding within minutes, no adjustment needed. Doesn't get any easier.

Jedb and ekraft84 like this.
  10. t11ravis

Yep. Waited 3 weeks for mine.

11. t11ravis

You couldn't have planned it any better Pat. Happy for you.:beer:

PMooney Jr. likes this.
  12. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I misread it the same way.
    We did buy a Jamis cruiser earlier in the year. It was one of the few bikes left in the area.
    I'm still rolling with my 20 year old Fuji mountain bike but I do have to put parts into it every so often. Just swapped out the broken click-shifter for Gripshift which have always been my preference.

rd400racer likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Ran up to the local small independent shop to grab some small items (a cable lock and some bear traps) and the dude has nothing! Almost no bikes, no helmets, no nothing. He said he can't get shit in fast enough and when any bikes comes in, it's sold before he can even unbox it.

He half jokingly asked me if I wanted to sell him back any of the bikes I bought from him. :crackup:

14. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

just ordered the wahoo kickr core, new cassette, and front lift block, from the LBS. they said they order direct, they called and they are available, should have it in a week or less, they said. looking forward to pedaling again. thanks Eddie, Travis, and the group!

just got off the concept2 rower we bought this summer. 4300 metres, in 20 minutes, not too bad for an old fat guy, that turns 54 saturday. :D Ski

ekraft84 and t11ravis like this.
  15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I had a 20x10 ft shed built back in 2016 to hold my unbuilt bikes.
    Last March it was so full you could not walk around in it. Fat tire bikes{10} among others with a build date of 2016.
    It's now my overstock parts storage building with a couple of road bikes and tandems :)

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

are you SE owners having serious supply chain issues? Was talking with a LBS owner this morning... no derauilluers, chains, or currently in Shimanos inventory. Apparently someone bought the whole thing out... and the min order was 50.
    Bike supply is forcasted to be out til June. Apparently Giant did a billion worth of revenue in 2 months... craziness. The owner says hes easily loosing $5,000/day in sales for the $500-$900 bike range.

17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

From what I've been told, Shimano is focusing on their lower end stuff.
    I have a pretty good supply of everything.
    Rubber is the most difficult thing to get right now.

TurboBlew likes this.
  18. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Do you have chain rings? I'm looking for replacements. I have a couple of cranks from which to choose; one symmetrical (110 BCD five bolt, I think), one asymmetrical 4 bolt. Looking for 46-48 and a 34-36 for a double. Basically 46/36 or 48/36 or thereabouts.

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Shit, I just placed a big order.
    Don't have much call for chainrings right now.
    I think I might have some slightly used 110 4 bolt.
    I'll check to see what's in stock with my suppliers.

20. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

No worries. I'll take some pictures of what I have and we can go from there. No hurry at all, I just did a chain and cassette install and didn't even think about the chainrings.